Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #211
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
you are like 1500 books ahead of me, work keeps getting in the way of my reading
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #212
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDuke View Post
you are like 1500 books ahead of me, work keeps getting in the way of my reading
Funny, reading MobileRead .com keeps getting in the way of me working!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 02:44 PM   #213
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Ah, but you are a writer, UncleDuke. I shall tell my daughter that her (so far, hypothetical) children or grandchildren must find and convert your oeuvre, once it is in the public domain. I hope this will not be for a very long time and that you live to write a lot more, and allocate donuts.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #214
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
funny, i have *both* those problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Ah, but you are a writer, UncleDuke. I shall tell my daughter that her (so far, hypothetical) children or grandchildren must find and convert your oeuvre, once it is in the public domain. I hope this will not be for a very long time and that you live to write a lot more, and allocate donuts.
i'll drink to that.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #215
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
This realisation coming to you now makes you a pillar to this site. Welcome in the majors.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #216
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
This realisation coming to you now makes you a pillar to this site. Welcome in the majors.
Thanks, that sure is 'good company' to keep—the major hitters (posters) of MR!
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 PM   #217
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
i just counted and i have now read 100 of patricia's books, bake a cake, download a hundred more
Hmm, that sounds like a plan: good books and cake. I like your philosophy, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #218
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wait, there's a newsletter ???
Old 06-25-2008, 10:08 AM   #219
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wait, there's a newsletter ???
Something ELSE to read!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 10:10 AM   #220
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Something ELSE to read!
pfff, seriously...
Old 06-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #221
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
pfff, seriously...
I volunteer to create the .imp versions...
Old 06-27-2008, 09:06 AM   #222
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I've just made my 3000th post, having been a member for about 13 months. But 1701 were book uploads, so I'm less talkative than you might think.

HarryT has recently managed 10,000 posts which is, I think, a record.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #223
zelda_pinwheel

ah yes, patricia, you speak little, but your speech is gold...

congratulations on the uploads and the conversation. i'll bake you a cake for after dinner. i'd bake you a pie but i'm not sure we have that kind of relationship.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 AM   #224
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Congratulations to Patricia and Harry.

Patricia with 3,000 posts and 1,701 books posted. (The current record that she will break shortly. It is more than twice the number of the next uploader.)

Harry with over 10,000 posts (who also continues to break his own record) and 515 books posted. (Harry did start the ebook upload section.)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:54 AM   #225
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
It is more than twice the number of the next uploader.
What a humble statement!

For those that don't know, RWood, is that 'next uploader'!

In the thread MobileRead-Top 100 ebook downloads by format-June2008 a somewhat different landscape is shown, where RWood's immense contributions can be seen in their true glory! (not to diminish Patricia and HarryT's contributions)

Here's a preview:
Code:
Top 100 ebook downloads by format (Summary)   
Compiled June 26, 2008      
by nrapallo      

Showing results 1 to 100 - Forum: BBeB/LRF Books       
================================================
                                Uploader       Format   Entries Downloads  Comments 
        Top-100 .LRF All-Stars: RWood          BBeB/LRF      60    25,767  Uploads span Mar 2007 to July 2008 
                                JSWolf         BBeB/LRF       1     4,233  Uploaded Sept 2007 
                                Dr. Drib       BBeB/LRF      11     3,988  Uploads span May 2007 to July 2007 
                                Roy White      BBeB/LRF       9     3,430  Uploads span May 2007 to Oct 2007 
                                friendly       BBeB/LRF       4     2,420  All uploaded Apr 2007 
                                HarryT         BBeB/LRF       5     1,820  Uploads span May 2007 to Mar 2008 

Total    41,658  of 45667 ebooks entries from 11/12/2006 (earliest) to 3/13/2008 (latest) 
                                                                       91% coverage by these All-Stars 

Showing results 1 to 100 - Forum: Mobi/PRC Books        
================================================
        Top-100 .PRC All-Stars: RWood          Mobi/PRC      57    17,732  Uploads span June 2007 to Nov 2007 
                                Adam B.        Mobi/PRC       2     5,067  All uploaded July 2007 
                                HarryT         Mobi/PRC      10     1,407  Uploads span Sept 2007 to Mar 2008 
                                Patricia       Mobi/PRC       9     1,186  Uploads span Sept 2007 to Nov 2007 
                                jeffreybreen   Mobi/PRC       3       844  All uploaded Mar 2008 
                                pvdv           Mobi/PRC       4       723  All uploaded Jan 2008 

Total    26,858  of 29216 ebooks entries from 6/22/2007 (earliest) to 3/27/2008 (latest) 
                                                                       92% coverage by these All-Stars 

Showing results 1 to 100 - Forum: IMP Books       
===========================================
        Top-100 .IMP All-Stars: Patricia       IMP Books     42     2,342  Span Sept 2007 to Dec 2007 
                                RWood          IMP Books     22     1,142  Span Sept 2007 to Dec 2007 
                                DaleDe         IMP Books     15     1,110  All uploaded Sept 2007 
                                Nate the great IMP Books      9       479  All uploaded Oct 2007 
                                nrapallo       IMP Books      5       302  Most uploaded Feb 2008 
                                JSWolf         IMP Books      5       294  Span Sept 2007 to Oct 2007 

Total     5,669  of 5769 ebooks entries from 9/1/2007 (earliest) to 5/1/2008 (latest) 
                                                                       98% coverage by these All-Stars 
My to you, good sir Wood!