Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 11:58 PM   #1
cyberbaffled
Author&Publisher
cyberbaffled began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
taking control of the "first page" link in the "content" menu

The evidence after much experimentation is that Mobipocket Creator is coded to use the toc file as the "first page"; following immediately after the cover page. "First page" is not to be confused with the "startup page" which I've addressed appropriately. I've tried defining a "guide" "reference" "href" that addresses the copyright page, which I want for the first page, but after the "build" the resulting .prc file opens in Reader with the newly defined "First page" but the old -apparently hard coded- "First page" still displayed as a menu item which selected still produces the toc. Anyone know how I can circumvent the MPCreator coding?
cyberbaffled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
TWiTCommander
TWiTCommander began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
i use sigil to make an epub file that i have total control over, then use kindlegen to convert the epub to mobi. works perfectly everytime with the desired results.
TWiTCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2010, 04:21 PM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I don't understand. How do you define your book? The first page is the first in the html files (or the original file). In my case, if the contents file is the first file, there it goes, if it's the last file, no problem, it doesn't move to the first file.

However, if Creator builds the content file, it places it as the first file. You only have to reorder the files, nothing else.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote