Notices

Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
macarong
macarong began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
prs-700 orange LED light blinking

Hi All,

I got the reader yesterday.

The mp3 play in the background drain out of its batterry.
I chat with the customer service, she talks about a stop icon on the interface which I never saw.
She finally suggests me reset the reader using a stick point into the whole in the back.
Unfortunately, the reader was almost out of power and the whole unit free with a orange LED light blinking.
She then give me a customer service number to call.
I connect the unit to the laptop, the red light appears and orange light is still blinking

After 2 hours, I call customer service and he ask me:

1. do not use AC adapter from PSP ( I just change from the laptop USB to PSP Adapter)
2.use a stick hold down the reset button for 10 secons then switch the power on 3 times.
3. leave it connect to the PC for at least 3 hours, all thing will be back to normal.

Not sure it it works or not, the red light was gone now- there is still an orange LED blinking.

Any suggestion if it fails
---> exchange another one ( get a new one) OR
----> obtain RMA from Sony ( get a refurbish one)

Anyone has experience on that.

Thanks,
mCr
macarong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I only have one LED light on my PRS-700, which is red when the reader is charging. Where exactly is this orange LED.

I will try to help if I can. Usually a full charge will fix a lot of the problems. I always charge with an A/C charger, not the USB port.

WetDogEared.

*edit*

I just read the manual and there is a mention of an orange LED. It is the same LED but changes colour as follows:

Quote:
Indicator - Lights up in red while charging, and goes off when charging is complete. Flashes orange while the Reader is accessing your computer via USB. Also flashes in orange while switching the Reader on or off.
I usually have the reader facing me while I'm loading eBooks so I've never noticed a change in colour. But now that I look at it, it does flash orange for a few seconds during initial contact with my PC.

When I put my reader in standby mode, it doesn't flash orange. I have never turned my reader completely off.

My only suggestion is to let it fully charge. Anyone else have any ideas?

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 06-24-2009 at 11:25 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #3
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
its not broken. its just not charged.

use the psp charger if you have one. it will be working in 5 minutes.

to reset its Press the reset button than flick the power switch twice.

if you bought it in the last 14 days you can return it of course at the store. and you can rma it. mostly its good experiences lately from what I've heard.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
If you take out the stylus and unscrew the tip, the other end (of the unscrewed tip) is the appropriate size to press the reset button; that's what it was made for. Don't forget to screw the tip back onto the stylus when you're finished.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote