Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: What should we do about the run-off poll in 2013?
Keep the run off vote the way it is now. 5 22.73%
Do away with the run off vote and let Tom cast the deciding vote in case of a tie. 8 36.36%
Do away with the run off vote except in case of a tie. If the 2nd vote ties, Tom can cast the deciding vote. 12 54.55%
Do away with the run off vote. In case of a tie, have discussions on all the winners. 4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
What should we do about the run-off poll in 2013?

Since we will have multiple choice voting on the 2013 polls, many members have suggested that the run-off poll is no longer necessary. What do you think? This is a visible multiple-choice poll. It will be open for 7 days to make sure everyone has had a chance to be heard.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
Bookatarian
Zealot
Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookatarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the special heads up for us myopic users that missed the multiple last time.
Bookatarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It will be open for 7 days to make sure everyone has had a chance to be heard.
Does this mean that Jon is back by then?
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #4
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I don't really see why the runoff vote should be eliminated. Then again, I have no objection to the second or third options either. The last option does not sound good to me though. Participation in monthly discussions is already so low that splitting it seems like a bad idea.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
It's a tough decision for me between the second choice or the third choice, or both.

No run-offs at all and Tom decides ties is clean and simple and I like that. Run-offs for ties lets us partly incorporate the way we've done things in 2012 into the next year, and I like that too.

What tilts me in one direction is that if with multiple choice we happen to have a good bit of ties next year, I'd rather us all have a say in deciding them.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Dag. I clean forgot to add the Eliminate all polls and just let Tom dictate what we read option. Oh well. There's always 2014!
Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #7
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
And the winner is..... "Do away with the run off vote except in case of a tie. If the 2nd vote ties, Tom can cast the deciding vote."
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:28 PM   #8
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Which means Tom can vote on the first round however he wishes and can participate like any other member in these polls unless there ends up being a tie.

I voted for the second option because it would help speed things up and keep them simple, but didn't think it all the way through about Tom's vote until after I hit the button. If there is a run-away winner, it wouldn't have mattered, but if there isn't, he should have the ability to cast his vote like everyone else which might cause a tie vote for something in the first round. So this sounds good to me.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #9
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
It's nice that the winner has more than 50% and a solid majority. It's great for club serenity that all the format polls (open vs closed, multiple choice vs single choice and now this) have been decided so decisively.

I guess this is it too unless anyone has any last minute proposals. The first 2013 voting thread starts in less than a week and I'm looking forward to a fun year with all of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Which means Tom can vote on the first round however he wishes and can participate like any other member in these polls unless there ends up being a tie.

I voted for the second option because it would help speed things up and keep them simple, but didn't think it all the way through about Tom's vote until after I hit the button. If there is a run-away winner, it wouldn't have mattered, but if there isn't, he should have the ability to cast his vote like everyone else which might cause a tie vote for something in the first round. So this sounds good to me.
Good points.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
And the winner is..... "Do away with the run off vote except in case of a tie. If the 2nd vote ties, Tom can cast the deciding vote."
Yes, indeed. And a fine choice, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I like that.