Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
"furthest read page" eliminated from Go To menu

I tried to use the "Furthest read page" item in the Go To submenu and discovered it has been eliminated from version 1.5 on the Nook.

I thought maybe I was dreaming that it was in version 1.4, but I checked the 1.4 manual and sure enough, it used to be there, and there is no mention of it in the 1.5 manual.

I am surprised that they eliminated it, and also surprised there have been no complaints about it so far. Although I didn't use it much, it did come in handy sometimes.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #2
TrvlrsChick
Enthusiast
TrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enoughTrvlrsChick will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
Oh, there's been plenty of complaints about it. Hopefully they'll put it back with the next update, seems like a strange thing to get rid of.
TrvlrsChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
spec
Zealot
spec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura aboutspec has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook
To add to it this person also says: "an annoying bug (at least, for me this is a bug!) introduced in Reader application of firmware 1.5.0, i.e. the fact that the chapter list of Go-To menu just consider the first-level items of the table of content. With this modified version, the chapter list will consider all items up to level 3 (i.e. the same behaviour of Reader app of firmware 1.4.x)."

I'm not on 1.5.0 so I can't test, but sounds like 1.5.0 is overall good, but they couldn't help themselves to take some good stuff away.
spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
I'm glad to hear that other people have been complaining. I thought this was not the case because I did a search on this forum and on another Nook forum for "furthest" and got no hits.

Hopefully, they'll put it back! Maybe they figured with the page turning so speedy now, people wouldn't mind flipping thru 20 pages to get back to where they stopped reading.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote