Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-16-2015, 06:55 AM   #1
tigerstripe
tigerstripe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Beta Features - Kobo Touch

I picked up a Kobo Touch to provide my child with an alternative to reading paperbacks.

I need to know if there is a way to get rid of the Beta Features - my son won't stop playing chess when he is supposed to be reading.
tigerstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It's in your own interest to ask questions in the correct forum. Moved to the Kobo forum.

Last edited by HarryT; 02-16-2015 at 07:20 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seem to recall many moons ago someone asking a similar question about the games on Kobo's and what he could do to remove them.

Here we are:
How to block games in Kobo
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:34 AM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Alternatively, you might want to post in the correct Kobo Patch thread for the f/w on your Touch and see if a patch could be developed to stop the games launching.

See Instructions for patching firmware 3.12.1
Instructions for patching firmware 3.12.0
Instructions for patching firmware 3.11.0
Instructions for patching firmware 3.8.0
Instructions for patching firmware 3.3.x, 3.4.x, 3.5.x
Instructions for patching firmware 3.2.0
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote