Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-22-2010, 09:56 AM   #1
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Question how to upgrade calibre?

I saw the notice that there is a new version of calibre and I downloaded it. Now what? I drag the icon from the dmg onto my applications folder and it asks if I want to replace the older one. I assume I want to do that, and I will still have my previous database intact? I would hate to overwrite the database with a blank one.

This is on MAC.

Thanks,
eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I would hate to overwrite the database with a blank one.
Calibre's update will never cause you to lose your database, metadata, files or books. Calibre updates about every week to ten days. There would be an awful lot of unhappy people if an update deleted things.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
If you want to be ultra safe, just make a copy your library folder and stash it temporarily somewhere else (such as the desk top) until after you've made the update.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Thank you!

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:28 AM   #5
tp3gar
tp3gar began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
OK super duper dummy question. Sorry. Here goes, I have a MAC. I've been using Calibre on and off for a few months. My Calibre version is 9.5. I just download the 9.38 version. My Calibre icon is on my desktop. Now that i have download the newest version, how do I update my current version?
tp3gar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp3gar View Post
OK super duper dummy question. Sorry. Here goes, I have a MAC. I've been using Calibre on and off for a few months. My Calibre version is 9.5. I just download the 9.38 version. My Calibre icon is on my desktop. Now that i have download the newest version, how do I update my current version?
Just drag the new version from the disk image onto your desktop, replacing the old version. (Personally, I keep calibre in my Applications folder, with a reference in my dock.)
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
tp3gar
tp3gar began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
THANK YOU !
tp3gar is offline   Reply With Quote