Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #226
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Added to the list. Do you have a Costco nearby? Because the same card is $16 there. I'm hoping they'll be available online. I don't want to go out.

Anyone else want items added to the Black Friday Wishlist?
Thanks.
The Costco is crazy busy, the road there is nuts, and it is farther away. Saving $2-4 is not worth the stress and time to get it at Costco.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #227
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Thanks again for the info - last question (for now ) - why is it useful to fool a site into thinking you are using a desktop PC?

Very much appreciate your comments!
So you don't get the mobile version of the site. Sometimes the normal site is better or has the content you are looking for. Some Sites detect you on android and wont let you go any further without downloading their stupid app to view their content. For these sites this trick comes very handy.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #228
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
B&N will have the Nook Simple Touch for $59 on Black Friday. In-store only. They will throw in a free power adapter.

Buy a $75 gift card first to receive the extra $10 gift card.

Last edited by Fbone; 11-21-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:47 PM   #229
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I just bought this device earlier this month. I love it! I paid $209 for it. It does everything I want except Hulu+ I've never own a real tablet before just my phone. So when I got it I put every app on it that I wanted on my phone. It works great. You can change the system font using Flip Fonts this is great. I went to XDA and downloaded their NokiaPure font and that improved text reading by 50% for me.

I got a TPU skin off ebay for it and a case from Amazon to keep it in. The case is made for a GPS unit but it fits the SGP5 perfectly when it has a TPU gel case.

The only downside is the softkeys light are super bright in the dark if you are trying to read it can mess with your eyes. I hide mine with a black microfiber cloth that allows me to still use the keys. If you root you can turn these off.

I can say since buying this my KF is just sitting on my night stand lonely. I use this little tablet for everything!
Blossom, what MP3 player app do you use on this? Does google play have a sleep timer like Ipod Touch does? I really want to use one of these instead of an Ipod Touch soon.

Also I noticed it is Android 2.3 gingerbread? Isn't that older than the current one?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #230
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
My lists keeps changing on what to get. I just can't decide which one or even if I really need to add anything, and, if I do, do I really need it? decisions, decisions.
I'm in the same boat.

I want a ClipZip, a 32GB microSDHC memory card, and a 64GB flash drive. And maybe the Samsung Galaxy Player 5

Like silverraven above, I think my husband will shoot me

BestBuy BF sale is supposed to start tomorrow, Nov 22; would that be from 12:00 am? If so, I thinking of staying up tonight to buy at least the first things on my list because I'm afraid of them running out if I linger.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #231
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
NewEgg online BF sale is now live.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:06 PM   #232
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
I'm in the same boat.

I want a ClipZip, a 32GB microSDHC memory card, and a 64GB flash drive. And maybe the Samsung Galaxy Player 5

BestBuy BF sale is supposed to start tomorrow, Nov 22; would that be from 12:00 am? If so, I thinking of staying up tonight to buy at least the first things on my list because I'm afraid of them running out if I linger.
Your "I want" list was what was on mine. I keep taking off the flash drive and the GP5, then putting it back on.

My BB store shows that it opens midnight after our Thanksgiving Day (12AM Friday).

I wanted to stay up to go shop then, but my nieces are staying the night with me so the parents can go shopping. I'll have to wait until they pick them up before I can go out shopping.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #233
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm in the same boat.

Added you to the list. I'm not sure of Best Buy's start time yet. I plan on staying up the rest of the night for the sales.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #234
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I wanted to stay up to go shop then, but my nieces are staying the night with me so the parents can go shopping. I'll have to wait until they pick them up before I can go out shopping.
Shop tonight. Online sales are starting to go live now. I expect many to start around midnight or shortly thereafter.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:19 PM   #235
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
My BB store shows that it opens midnight after our Thanksgiving Day (12AM Friday).

Same from what I can see on the site but the BF preview page says the ad is effective from Nov 22; I assumed that meant you can start buying online from that date - wrong assumption?

I'm not in the US so I have no choice but to shop online. My sister-in-law has to buy stuff at BB and she offered to pick up anything I want but I'd prefer to try online first.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #236
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
Blossom, what MP3 player app do you use on this? Does google play have a sleep timer like Ipod Touch does? I really want to use one of these instead of an Ipod Touch soon.

Also I noticed it is Android 2.3 gingerbread? Isn't that older than the current one?
The one that is built in works great! No sleep timer though. I also use Amazon MP3 app. Slacker Radio and Tune In Pro.

Yes Gingerbread is older but I prefer it to the newer Android. My Kindle Fire is 2.3 as well.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #237
Loosheesh
Wizard

Quote:
Added you to the list. I'm not sure of Best Buy's start time yet. I plan on staying up the rest of the night for the sales.
Thanks! The extra bananas on my grocery list are for you

Quote:
Shop tonight. Online sales are starting to go live now. I expect many to start around midnight or shortly thereafter.
I'm definitely waiting up to check out the sales. I want to get what's on my list ticked off right away.

The SGP5 I've had in my Amazon cart from yesterday, along with the TPU skin Blossom mentioned. While I'm waiting up, I'll check out the specs again and reread everything mentioned about it here in this thread, and then make my decision.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #238
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Same from what I can see on the site but the BF preview page says the ad is effective from Nov 22; I assumed that meant you can start buying online from that date - wrong assumption?
We can, but we don't what time it'll go live. Nor do we know which items will be for sale.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #239
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Sears' online BF sale will start shortly -- 8pm CT.

I'm hoping the Nook ST ($40) will be available.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-21-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #240
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Sears' online BF sale will start shortly -- 8pm CT.

I'm hoping the Nook ST ($40) will be available.
The Nook ST isn't listed on their website at all except a refurbished unit.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote