Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-22-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
ragdoll
Connoisseur
ragdoll began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad V1
Reading HTML manual

I have ot read a long HTML manual on the iLiad. If I simply copy the folder on the iLiad and click on index.htm, it opens in MobiReader and the links don't work.
I'd like to convert it to a format which can preserve pages layout and link structure. If I use the MobiPocket Reader for PC I can only convert one page at a time.
Is there any program able to convert the whole manual?
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #2
Lazycat
Enthusiast
Lazycat began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd Edition
The Acrobat Standard / Professional has this function, but it is quite expensive! :P
Lazycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2008, 07:59 PM   #3
sharpshin
sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sharpshin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Iliad V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
I have ot read a long HTML manual on the iLiad. If I simply copy the folder on the iLiad and click on index.htm, it opens in MobiReader and the links don't work.
I'd like to convert it to a format which can preserve pages layout and link structure. If I use the MobiPocket Reader for PC I can only convert one page at a time.
Is there any program able to convert the whole manual?
HTMLDoc is a free program that allows good control over the final PDF format. You can find it with Google. If you are on Windows, there are some binary distributions you can find with Google, too. I think there may be a problem with links. The version I have made absolute links to the output file (ie. the path on my PC, not on the iliad).
sharpshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
voidcaller
voidcaller began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad 2nd ed
I have managed to read Lapack and Slicot User Guides as follows:
1) put all files in one folder
2) search and replace all "href=*/$1" to "href=$1" in all files to kill subfolders in all links (opening html files as "text files", of course)
3) rename the starting file to be on top of the Contentlister list, like "index.htm" to " index.htm" (added to spaces in front of the name).
voidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:32 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you have FBReader installed, then the easiest approach may be to convert the multi-file HTML to Plucker and read this with FBReader.

Another option is SnowSoft merger, which makes one HTML file out of a multi-file HTML document. I first heard of it from HTML E-Books. A single-file HTML can be read using the iLiad's web browser based reader, or again by FBReader (or convert it to MOBI).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert