Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-11-2015, 10:32 PM   #8776
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle

Congratulations to Sam Smith for winning the Grammy's!
This is my current favorite song of him, I've heard of the original version but I'm glad he did the acoustic and had a music video of it (and make the music video so genuinely simple but beautiful)
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 05:08 AM   #8777
Laurenes
Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laurenes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
This song always puts me in a good mood

Laurenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2015, 10:51 PM   #8778
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Had an opportunity to sit down tonight and review the past couple of decades. Came home and put on the good headphones.

cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:17 AM   #8779
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:09 PM   #8780
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Advert
Old 04-11-2015, 01:36 AM   #8781
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:27 PM   #8782
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Back in the 90s, when my kids were very young, I discovered Growler Radio -- a series of audio dramas for kids. I believe the "target age group" is 6 to 12, but my youngest was 3 at the time, and she loved them. I think I bought 20 of them, back when they were available as cassettes. The kids (and I) loved them. My wife wasn't as fond of them, but I think the various voices got on her nerves.

I was poking around on the web, a bit nostalgic, and discovered that the Growler Radio episodes are now (legally) available at Youtube. (They're also available through an App.)

Anyway, here's Book of Lies.

The web site is here: http://www.growler.com/
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 11:02 AM   #8783
covingtoncat73
Wizard

R.I.P. Ben E. King

Old 05-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #8784
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Another one. Ben E. King covering Van Morrison.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #8785
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.

Because the book is always better.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:43 AM   #8786
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post

Because the book is always better.
How To Post YouTube Videos in MobileRead Forum Posts.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #8787
covingtoncat73
Wizard

Here are some of the groups I heard at Jazz Fest. These are not at JF. I found them on YT:

1. John Boutte, not a good quality recording but he is singing the Beatles song "Blackbird."

2. Feufollet, they sang the theme song to Monty Python's Meaning of Life in Cajun French but I couldn't find it on YT , so here is this song.

3. Lenny Kravitz! Such a good performance and he is 10x hotter than when he first became famous.

4. Trombone Shorty! I saw him playing trombone in a second line when he was maybe 5 years old and now he is closing the Acura Stage!

5. Started off the day in the Kid's Tent because my baby cousin was Irish dancing.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #8788
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
60's oldies on my Amazon Echo.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:52 PM   #8789
victauria
Grand Sorcerer
victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.victauria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD
Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn

victauria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:28 AM   #8790
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)