Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #1
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
$14.95 Documents to Go free today via Amazon

Just a heads up for those with a Nook HD/HD+ (or other android tablets) ... you can get the full unlock key for Documents to Go at the Amazon App Store for free, today only. It usually costs $14.95.

It's easy to install the Amazon App Store app on your Nook HD/HD+. You'll need that to DL the free key. Then you just need to pair the key with the always-free basic DTG app which you can download from either the Amazon App Store or Google Play.

For a list of other apps free today from Amazon, see:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...38#post2568838

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Thank you PatNY for mentioning that I could get this app for my Nook HD+. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the Amazon App store onto my Nook. It may have been covered in other posts but I missed it or didn't understand how this is accomplished. BTW, I really am enjoying my Nook HD+ and the price was sensational.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
lifer109
lifer109 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard and now Nook HD+
Thanks Pat,
And I d/l'd both and installed. Appreciate the heads up.
Not to hijack, but I tried the Printershare app also listed. I've got an old 4100 Laser and an HP inkjet tied to my desktop. Both were easily found and printed pages from my Nook HD+. None of the HP apps worked for me. (but one had worked from my smartphone. don't know what gives there).
NEVER would have paid $14.99, But FREE works great for me!
lifer109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
Thank you PatNY for mentioning that I could get this app for my Nook HD+. Unfortunately I can't seem to get the Amazon App store onto my Nook. It may have been covered in other posts but I missed it or didn't understand how this is accomplished. BTW, I really am enjoying my Nook HD+ and the price was sensational.
Venus, you may have to mod your Nook to allow a wider variety of apps to be DL'd to your device. Did you do that already? Most owners have done this by now. If not, there is a quick mod you can flash to you HD to enable this -- takes about 30 minutes or so at most. But you will need a spare micro sd card to do this.

Once your device is modded to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources, then do this:

1) Go to the Google Play Store and install the Amazon Mobile app.

2) Using Amazon Mobile, search on Documents to Go. Select the DTG Free Full Version Key. Click on "Buy Now From Amazon Appstore"

3) A window will pop up on your Nook asking what application you want to open to complete the action. Select the Chrome Browser on your Nook.

4) The Chrome browser now opens to an Amazon page for downloading the "Amazon Appstore" ... click on the yellow button to download and install Amazon Appstore to your Nook.

5) Once Amazon Appstore is installed, just open it up, search for Documents to Go, and download the Free Version Key. You will need to put in your Amazon account information before downloading.

6) Now from within either the Amazon Appstore OR Google Play, download the always-free basic version of Documents to Go. The Free Version Key you previously downloaded will work with it to unlock more advanced features.

You can try the above steps even if you have not modded your Nook already, but I think they will only work if you have tweaked the Nook to allow the installation of a wider variety of apps. Try it anyway.

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 07-14-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
lifer109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
See this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216237
Look for Pats instructions. Works well and is really easy. Makes installing Amazon site along their apps not in Play store easy without rooting.

Well Pat beat me!
Advert
Old 07-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #6
PatNY
Zennist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer109 View Post
Thanks Pat,
And I d/l'd both and installed. Appreciate the heads up.
Not to hijack, but I tried the Printershare app also listed. I've got an old 4100 Laser and an HP inkjet tied to my desktop. Both were easily found and printed pages from my Nook HD+. None of the HP apps worked for me. (but one had worked from my smartphone. don't know what gives there).
NEVER would have paid $14.99, But FREE works great for me!
Based on your recommendation, I just downloaded Printershare. But do you need a wireless printer to make it work?

--Pat
Old 07-14-2013, 02:09 PM   #7
lifer109

Nope Both mine are connected with USB, one to printer and one directly to router.
USB won't work, expects usb to the tablet. I used nearby WiFi
Old 07-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Venus, you may have to mod your Nook to allow a wider variety of apps to be DL'd to your device. Did you do that already? Most owners have done this by now. If not, there is a quick mod you can flash to you HD to enable this -- takes about 30 minutes or so at most. But you will need a spare micro sd card to do this.

Once your device is modded to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources, then do this:

1) Go to the Google Play Store and install the Amazon Mobile app.

2) Using Amazon Mobile, search on Documents to Go. Select the DTG Free Full Version Key. Click on "Buy Now From Amazon Appstore"

3) A window will pop up on your Nook asking what application you want to open to complete the action. Select the Chrome Browser on your Nook.

4) The Chrome browser now opens to an Amazon page for downloading the "Amazon Appstore" ... click on the yellow button to download and install Amazon Appstore to your Nook.

5) Once Amazon Appstore is installed, just open it up, search for Documents to Go, and download the Free Version Key. You will need to put in your Amazon account information before downloading.

6) Now from within either the Amazon Appstore OR Google Play, download the always-free basic version of Documents to Go. The Free Version Key you previously downloaded will work with it to unlock more advanced features.

You can try the above steps even if you have not modded your Nook already, but I think they will only work if you have tweaked the Nook to allow the installation of a wider variety of apps. Try it anyway.

--Pat
Wow PatNY. Thank you so much. I have not modified my Nook except to install a launcher which tubemonkey helped me with on another thread. I am still on baby steps with this Nook. I have now installed Amazon mobile. The other apps I already had on my Fire except for the DTG key which I bought with my phone after reading your post. I do not have a micro sd card. I have never used one. I would love to start using them for my phone, Nook, clip zip, etc. so I guess I will start my learning process there. I have copied and printed your post to follow after the modification. Thank you ever so much for your kindness.

Thank you too lifer109. I appreciated your post directing me to the previous thread and post.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote