Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast
Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Dust - an award winning YA Horror/Suspense novel

DUST
*Winner of the Governor General’s Award for Children’s Literature
*Winner of the Mr. Christies' Award for Children's Literature
*An American Library Association Best Books for Young Adults
*Nominated for an Edgar Award

SEVEN-YEAR-OLD MATTHEW DISAPPEARS one day on a walk into Horshoe, a dust bowl farm town in Depression-era Saskatchewan. Other children go missing just as a strange man named Abram Harsich appears in town. He dazzles the townspeople with the promises of a rainmaking machine. Only Matthew’s older brother Robert seems to be able to resist Abram’s spell, and to discover what happened to Matthew and the others.

"Read the riveting first chapter of Dust and you're already past the point of no return. Arthur Slade writes with the art and grace of a hypnotist, and you won't be able to put this book down. It's sensational!" Kenneth Oppel, New York Times bestselling author of AIRBORN and SKYBREAKER.

This is available on Kindle and iBooks (DRM Free). And it's .99 cents for the next while.

Just visit arthurslade.com for the links.

Last edited by Arthur Slade; 03-25-2011 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Fixing image
Arthur Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:08 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
But not available at Smashwords. There are a lot of us who either do not own either a Kindle or an iPad or prefer not to buy at Amazon or Apple. Will you be making it available at Smashwords, Sony, B&N, Kobo, or other sites?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:27 AM   #3
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Arthur - are you in the process of trying to get all your novels into ebook form? Dust looks great by the way - I've put it on my wishlist.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast
Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Richard,

I only "own" rights in certain countries, so I can't use Smashwords because it won't let me choose the countries it is sold in. B&n is only set up for u.s. Authors right now.

I just got my FTP from Kobo, so hope to have it up with them next week. Will update this thread then.

Caleb, I'm just doing the books that I have rights reverted to me. Though I am so tempted to write something new. I'm finding the whole ebook scene to be very exciting. And fun.

Best,
Art
Old 04-24-2011, 03:03 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Arthur,

I've finished Dust and I really enjoyed it. There's quite a bit to like in this story and the unsettling atmosphere you created in the town of Horseshoe was quite effective.

There are a few errors in the text, but they seem like some sort of format conversion errors. I'm not sure if they're just on my reader, but when I get a chance I'll compile a list and send them to you just in case.

The ending really rushed in unannounced in this book. I felt like the story could have gone for another 100 pages to flesh out the reveals a bit more.

I will write a review some time this week and post it in the usual places.

Regards
Caleb
Old 04-28-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast

Thanks Caleb,

I really appreciate your thoughts on the book. I've had others suggest the book should be longer, too, but I was trusting my "gut" instinct when I first wrote it. Can there be a gut instinct in writing?

I'm aghast to think there are errors in the text. Usually when I put a book up on kindle I download it and read it through, but am unable to do that with DUST because I can't download it in Canada. Funny, eh? I can't buy my own book. It has to do with erights, of course.

If you do compile the errors, thanks in advance. I was able to get a U.S. friend to download the book and send me a copy, so now I'll go through it again, too.

Best,
Art
Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
caleb72
Indie Advocate

Oh sorry - I forgot all about this. I'll see if I get time tonight after work and compile them.

I also don't think I've written my review yet. I should really try doing that tonight as well.

Regards
Caleb
Old 05-28-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast

Don't worry yourself about it, Caleb. I've worked through it an fixed a few small formatting things. Always something gets mixed up in the html.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
But not available at Smashwords. There are a lot of us who either do not own either a Kindle or an iPad or prefer not to buy at Amazon or Apple. Will you be making it available at Smashwords, Sony, B&N, Kobo, or other sites?
It is finally available at B&N. It was a much longer process to get an account there than I thought it would be!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/dust...ade/1006156177