Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-15-2009, 10:59 AM   #1
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur
Paul in Saudi is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
Dead Easy Question (No Whispernet)

So I am in Qatar, well out of WhisperNet range. Each day I download my New York Times via the Net to my Mac and then to my Kindle 1. I am not a complete newbie. I know how to do this.

So I asked Amazon to send me a sample book. It appears as "delivery pending" as it ought. But there is no obvious way to make it download to my Mac.

I am on my "Manage Your Kindle" page. I seem to be missing something. Wasn't there a "Your Media Library" button somewhere?

(See, I told you it was dead easy.)
Paul in Saudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Samples can only be delivered by Whispernet.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Go to MobiPocket.com and download your book sample from them. There is no DRM on the sample so you'll be able to read it on your Kindle (or computer). I'm sure you know not to buy any books there because their DRM does not work on the Kindle.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Paul in Saudi
Connoisseur
Paul in Saudi is on a distinguished road

Device: Amazon Kindle
Thank you.
Paul in Saudi is offline   Reply With Quote