Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-20-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Which format should I convert to ?

I am going to convert all the old books I had on my PRS-600 and transfer them to my new K2.
Which is the best format to convert them to ? I tried mobi and it looks good.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
That is the only real format to convert to...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mobi is fine for the Kindle. AZW=Mobi=Prc The only differences are in the DRM when it is used. I assume that your Sony books are not DRM laden.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #4
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
MOBI is fine.

If you have any PDF books (text based) i.e. Adobe PDF rather than EPUB, try saving the PDF to HTML first and then importing to Calibre to convert to MOBI. I found that directly from PDF to MOBI didn't get that good a result but via HTML was better. I did this for quite a few books from my PRS-505.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #5
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks guys, then MOBI will be :-)
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
sagars24
sagars24 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: borges impres-
Or you can just send all the file you have to @free.kindle.com with convert in the subject and they will email you the converted file. I got wine for dummies in PDF and sent it to amazon and it worked really well. They do a pretty decent job of preserving the look and feel. When it comes to books with some pictures in it i feel amazon convert does a better job than mobi create or calibre. Amazon also saves the table of contact, I wasnt able to do that in calibre (I could be doing something wrong).
sagars24 is offline   Reply With Quote