Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #466
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite gen 2
Thanks for your quick reply. Finally, I have come to final solution to meet all of my requirements for reading manga on Kindle devices under Macosx Mavericks 10.9.2 with the combination of Acidweb and HarryT suggestions. The process is described as follows:

Manga for KPW2 with no margin, Panel View support, TOC & standard cover & metadata (UTF-8 unicode) without jailbreak to use JBpatch, coolreader and hack font on KPW2

1/ Kindle Comic Converter (KCC) epub/ horizontal/ strech/ kindle paperwhite (using folder structure for KCC to converted with TOC as Acidweb suggested here https://github.com/ciromattia/kcc/wi...tput-splitting) (if using UTF-8, you should embed font "Arial Unicode" from system font). If you are not using UTF-8, choose mobi format for a final go.
2/ If you have problem with UTF-8, Sigil or Kindle Comic Creator (KC2): add font "Arial unicode" to epub (2) and change metadata with Sigil easily or using MobiMetaEditorV016 in mobiread forum
3/ Kindle Previewer (Kindlegen) --> mobi
4/ Strip mobi (3) by Kindle Stripper --> final mobi
5/ Calibre book cover: 1.6 ratio for book cover (1600x1000) and upload to your Kindle devices.

Thanks for all of your advice (especially to Acidweb and Harry T) million times!

Last edited by hatde130113; 03-14-2014 at 01:55 PM.
hatde130113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #467
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You need to embed a Vietnamese font in your book. Ask on the Calibre forum for more information on how to do this.
I'm pretty sure everything since Kindle Keyboard has support for Latin based Vietnamese text (precomposed glyphs).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2014_03_14T12_45_27-0700.png
Views:	307
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	120246  
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 11:17 PM   #468
hatde130113
Enthusiast
hatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterhatde130113 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks a lot! But I have solved font problem as described on previous post!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #469
hatde130113
Enthusiast

If manga includes both coloured and black-white images, what is level of gamma setting should we set? 1.00 is enough? Please give me some advice. Thanks a lot!
Old 03-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #470
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Leave it on auto. It will use different gamma correction for both types of images.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 AM   #471
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 4.0.2 is out!
Few Windows and OSX bugs has been fixed.
Also fixed problems with margins when using HQ mode.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:40 AM   #472
morigirl77
morigirl77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

Thank you for this great program but I am having some issues with the conversion.

I am using this program on OSX - KCC V 4.0.2

When I am trying to convert, there is only EPUB and CBZ option for Kindle Paper White. How do I get the MOBI option?

http://tinypic.com/r/20jmlj9/8
morigirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:58 AM   #473
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Read warning that display every time you start KCC...

You need KindleGen to create MOBI files.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #474
valenceelectron
valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kobo Aura HD
Hi,
I'm trying to convert a folder with images to CBZ with your great tool for my Aura HD, mainly to rotate double-page images. There are some files with a resolution bigger than the Aura HD, but most of them are below its resolution (800x1200 scans). The option "Stretch/Upscale" is unchecked but nevertheless these images are upscaled to 1080x1440 (the Aura's native resolution).

It's reproduceable: convert a folder with a single image below the target profile's resolution and keep the "Stretch/Upscale" option unchecked -> the resulting image is upscaled.

Am I doing something wrong?

And on a side note: what about adding a denoise option in the future?
valenceelectron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 AM   #475
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

When "Stretch/Upscale" is off and "High quality" mode is off every output file should be resized to 1080x1440. But when original image is smaller than 1080x1440 it should not upscale entire image - just add blank margins.

And my tests shows that work correctly.
Original image (800x1200): http://i.imgur.com/3DpIYuK.png
Output (1080x1440): http://i.imgur.com/4HcWJC0.jpg
Output with enabled upscale (1080x1440): http://i.imgur.com/v46ODe5.jpg

So I don't really see your problem. Yes - images are placed on bigger canvas but are not upscaled.

Denoise - Not planning too. This program is created to convert files that have perfect quality :-)

Last edited by AcidWeb; 03-29-2014 at 03:24 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #476
valenceelectron
valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.valenceelectron is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Oh sorry, you are indeed right. I didn't notice the borders on some images because they were really small. :/

Is it somehow possible to disable any resizing? At least on my Aura HD, images of varying sizes are no problem at all, they look gorgeous even when upscaled by the reader. I do know --noprocessing but this disables --rotate which I'd like to still be applied.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #477
hatde130113
Enthusiast

@AcidWeb: could you help me find Mobi2MobiGUI (Mobiperl) for MacOSX version? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #478
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

@valenceelectron: No. There is no way to do it. Due to nature of KCC output all images must have the same size. Just enable upscaling and you will be OK :-)

@hatde130113: Never used it. I don't know if even OSX version exist.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #479
valenceelectron

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
@valenceelectron: No. There is no way to do it. Due to nature of KCC output all images must have the same size. Just enable upscaling and you will be OK :-)
In theory I'd do exactly this but due to the upscaling (or appending of borders) the file sizes grow substantially. That's why I'd prefer to let the reader handel it (which he does fine). Calibre does this too (conversions for the Aura HD leave images untouched). :s

I'm using --forcepng because the source files are in png and I'd like to avoid jpg artifacts due to conversion. But somehow a originally ~300KB png ends up with >2MB size after conversion.

Last edited by valenceelectron; 03-29-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #480
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Well standardization of image size fix multiple other problems so for sure I will not change that.

There are reasons why PNG output is not enabled by default. JPEG compression artifacts are not visible (or extremely hard to spot) on Kindle screen. It is simply not worth wasting space. I never seen real Kobo Aura HD but you should check it.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools