Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #1
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
I guess it boils down to Screen contrast

I promised myself I wasn't going to upgrade but........................How much better is the screen. Keep in mind my old tired eyes. I've read all the posts but it comes down to the Screen. I can sell my 500 on ebay so money is and isn't the issue. Is it worth the effort to buy, unpackage and set up, then package up my 500 and list on ebay?

Please advise.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
I promised myself I wasn't going to upgrade but........................How much better is the screen. Keep in mind my old tired eyes. I've read all the posts but it comes down to the Screen. I can sell my 500 on ebay so money is and isn't the issue. Is it worth the effort to buy, unpackage and set up, then package up my 500 and list on ebay?

Please advise.
That was the bottom line for me as well. I noticed an improvement in contrast at the store. I decided to buy. The more I use the 505 and compare it with the 500 the more I think that the increased contrast is more significant than at first apparent. I find that I am enjoying the screen a lot more. I can read in much dimmer light. That and the USB drive capability has really made a difference to me. I would certainly opt to upgrade if I had to do it again.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
boca
Connoisseur
boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.boca has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post

Please advise.
A week or so using it... (Still on first charge and two battery bars left btw).
I believe that the Screen is really worth the upgrade.
I can use it more comfortably in lower light conditions, I have a favorite reading place at home, and used to use a light behind me... now I find I don't.

Even now, one week after selling my 500, I am noticing that it is a noticeably superior in how it emulates paper books.

Was nervous to start with, but would upgrade again in a heartbeat.
boca is offline   Reply With Quote