Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-28-2007, 08:49 PM   #16
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Here is installer using the stripped binary..

I've edited the scripts so that the install procedure copies the iRex ipdf version installed on your machine for use during uninstallation into the directory of the installer files, this will ensure that you go back to the correct version if you decide to uninstall

Tested and working on 2.11

In future all that would need to be edited to upgrade this installer would be update the "Firmware_Script" file and replace "ipdf" with whatever version you are wanting to replace the default one on your Iliad with

29-Sep-2007: updated script to add cleanup of ipdf_iRex from installer dir after restoration of iRex ipdf viewer

30-Sep-2007: updated manifest for install instead of uninstall
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_powersave_bookmarks_for_2.11.zip (48.8 KB, 1044 views)

Last edited by realityloop; 09-30-2007 at 04:52 AM. Reason: updated manifest
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 08:16 AM   #17
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
hi,

greate work - i love the fullscreen pdf viewer -

but the actual manifest ist for the deinstallation of the ipdf file and restore the Irex File - not for the installation of the ipdf file . (only changes in the manifest)

and

was the function of the button changed ??

haasiesoft
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2007, 04:52 AM   #18
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haasiesoft View Post
hi,

greate work - i love the fullscreen pdf viewer -

but the actual manifest ist for the deinstallation of the ipdf file and restore the Irex File - not for the installation of the ipdf file . (only changes in the manifest)

and

was the function of the button changed ??

haasiesoft
Fixed the manifest..
Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #19
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Hello.

I am happy to see that somebody find my addition useful. I also improved my reading with iLiad.

Now, I added some edition possibility for bookmark. You can set name for each bookmark by pressing bookmark icon in bookmark dialog (the same icon which is using for adding bookmark). And second addition - you can add more than 12 bookmark. Bookmarks are being displayed in several pages.

I also know about some bugs. I cannot get normal control on keyboard, I need to clean code and may be, improve some solutions. I also plan to add possibility for comments.

By the way, everybody, who will try this new ipdf, please, bakup all your manifest files. I cannot give any warranty that addition works properly.

P.S: Can anybody test powersaving of "all in one ipdf" in comparing with ipdf 2.11?
Attached Files
File Type: gz ipdf_bookmarks_2.tar.gz (126.1 KB, 520 views)
File Type: zip ipdf_powersave_bookmarks_for_2.11.zip (53.4 KB, 493 views)
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
realityloop
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov View Post
Hello.

I am happy to see that somebody find my addition useful. I also improved my reading with iLiad.

Now, I added some edition possibility for bookmark. You can set name for each bookmark by pressing bookmark icon in bookmark dialog (the same icon which is using for adding bookmark). And second addition - you can add more than 12 bookmark. Bookmarks are being displayed in several pages.

I also know about some bugs. I cannot get normal control on keyboard, I need to clean code and may be, improve some solutions. I also plan to add possibility for comments.

By the way, everybody, who will try this new ipdf, please, bakup all your manifest files. I cannot give any warranty that addition works properly.

P.S: Can anybody test powersaving of "all in one ipdf" in comparing with ipdf 2.11?
FYI: iIn case you didn't already know, apparently the powersaving features are no longer required with 2.11 firmware.. http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.php?p=9376#9376
Advert
Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #21
rai
Enthusiast
rai began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onxy Boox M92
I feel kinda stupid for asking this question, but how do the bookmarks work?
I click on the bookmarks icon, which gets selected, but nothing else happens. I tried then selecting keyboard and writing something, but this is not saved nor noted anywhere. I can't find file "manifest" anywhere.
rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 09:02 PM   #22
mike b
mike b began at the beginning.

Help - Return to norm?

Ok. I'm new at this. I did the following:

- downloaded version 1 and unzipped on my PC
- copied directory to my CF card
- started iliad and went to CF card, saw "install ipdf ..." icon and double clicked
- install seemed to happen (green light flickered)
- opened a pdf of a paper I'm reviewing. Did not like view: no zoom buttons, etc which I need at my age
- exited and tried "deinstall". Green light flickered. Assumed all was well.
- BUT default viewer still seems to be IPDF!!

Tried all above with ver 2 no difference. So:

- how do I get the irex viewer back?
mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #23
mike b
mike b began at the beginning.

Return to norm? - solved ... maybe

OK. So I went reading around and discovered how to toggle the toolbox on/off. That makes all the difference since after install the default was "fullscreen" mode which has no hint that there even is a toolbox. But I found the info over at the Irex forum which was a surprise to me since this is a 3rd party viewer.

Still, I am curious. Since "deinstall" did not return me to the original irex viewer, how would I do so? TIA for any assistance.
mike b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 03:43 AM   #24
realityloop
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b View Post
OK. So I went reading around and discovered how to toggle the toolbox on/off. That makes all the difference since after install the default was "fullscreen" mode which has no hint that there even is a toolbox. But I found the info over at the Irex forum which was a surprise to me since this is a 3rd party viewer.

Still, I am curious. Since "deinstall" did not return me to the original irex viewer, how would I do so? TIA for any assistance.
Does your CF card have ipdf_iRex in the installer dir? if so you can revert to it by editing the manifest file so the contents are as follows:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<package>
  <metadata>
    <dc-metadata>
      <Title>Restore iRex pdf viewer</Title>
      <Description>This will restore iRex original pdf viewer.</Description>
      <Date>2007-03-13T09:25:00</Date>
    </dc-metadata>
    <y-metadata>
      <startpage>deinstall_ipdf.sh</startpage>
      <image>pdf.png</image> 
      <version>000</version>
    <ItemSize>327680</ItemSize></y-metadata>
  </metadata>
</package>
and then running it from the content lister
Old 10-02-2007, 08:42 AM   #25
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rai View Post
I feel kinda stupid for asking this question, but how do the bookmarks work?
I click on the bookmarks icon, which gets selected, but nothing else happens. I tried then selecting keyboard and writing something, but this is not saved nor noted anywhere. I can't find file "manifest" anywhere.
1) By pressing bookmark icon (the icon after pan icon) you add bookmark for this page
2) By pressing next icon (sort icon) you open bookmarks dialog.
3) By pressing bookmark icon in bookmark dialog you invoke current bookmark edit dialog.
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 12:00 PM   #26
firekat
Groupie
firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.firekat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

A quick question;

Will this bookmark support IPDF read existing bookmarks in all pdf files or will it only read ones that are added through the iLiad?
firekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:12 AM   #27
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by firekat View Post
A quick question;

Will this bookmark support IPDF read existing bookmarks in all pdf files or will it only read ones that are added through the iLiad?
No, it writes/reads the bookmarks to/from the manifest.xml file.
Code:
<bookmarks>
<bookmark_0>
<pagenumber>6</pagenumber>
<name>Contents at a Glance</name>
<comment>Contents at a Glance</comment>
</bookmarks>
But we could use maybe iText [a Java.pdf library] or something different to generate a manifest.xml with all bookmarks of pdf file.

The length of bookmark names is limited to 19 characters.
You can enter longer bookmark names, but they are not saved/loaded from the manifest file.
Code:
#define MAX_NAME_LENGTH     128
#define MAX_COMMENT_LENGTH     255
explanation of screenshots:
#1 all characters behind the 19th one are cut
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookmarks.19.characters.png
Views:	663
Size:	119.0 KB
ID:	6110  
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 AM   #28
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Creating manifest bookmarks from PDF bookmarks would be helpful.

Another thing that would be helpful is a tool to accumulate user-created bookmark/comments into one list of linked references. This would go a long way toward giving us the bibliography tool I keep going on about. There could be an add-on tool that would tie PDF filenames to bibliography metadata (e.g. article title, journal title, author, etc.) I'll think about this some more and write up a spec.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #29
harpum
Enthusiast
harpum began at the beginning.

Device: Axim 51v/LG chocolate
Where can I find back button?

When I first use 2.11 version. I could see the back button.
After I installed bookmark program, I cannot see it.
Is this just my own problem?
harpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM   #30
bedwere
Enthusiast
bedwere began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpum View Post
When I first use 2.11 version. I could see the back button.
After I installed bookmark program, I cannot see it.
Is this just my own problem?
No, it's also mine.
bedwere is offline   Reply With Quote