Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Amazon Gold Box Deal: Kindle Fire (newest v.), $129

Get it now, if you choose.

16% claimed so far. This is the latest version of the KF, with faster processor, twice the battery life and (sadly) special offers.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 11-13-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
misling
Zealot
misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.misling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Note, this is not the Kindle Fire HD.
This is the 'updated' original Kindle Fire, sometimes called the Kindle Fire 2.
misling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
This offer expires at 1 pm PT (1.5 hrs from now) or until stock is sold out; whichever comes first.

Half way through this sale, 67% of the stock has been sold.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misling View Post
Note, this is not the Kindle Fire HD.
This is the 'updated' original Kindle Fire, sometimes called the Kindle Fire 2.
Correct me if I'm dung, but I thought that was evident from the original post.

The point of my mentioning the new version was so that people understood it wasn't the old KF (which wouldn't have been a bargain at $129). The current KF wasn't "updated" in air quotes, it truly was updated: Faster proccessor, bigger battery, different antenna. If it were made by Apple, they'd call it the KF 2.

However, all points are moot because 100% were claimed within the short period of the offer. Here's hoping that anyone who wanted one was able to get it in time.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #5
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
However, all points are moot because 100% were claimed within the short period of the offer. Here's hoping that anyone who wanted one was able to get it in time.
I'm showing 21% still available, as of 2:51 EST.

Rush if you're interested.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #6
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
I'm showing 21% still available, as of 2:51 EST.

Rush if you're interested.
Good lord, you're correct! A little prompt appeared telling me the offer had expired, but that must have referred to the KF I'd put in my shopping cart and then deleted.

Get them while you can, fellow fallow.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM   #7
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
This offer expires at 1 pm PT (1.5 hrs from now) or until stock is sold out; whichever comes first.

Half way through this sale, 67% of the stock has been sold.
I wonder how well this model is selling. No way to tell what 67% means, but they are moving quickly.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
Correct me if I'm dung, but I thought that was evident from the original post.

The point of my mentioning the new version was so that people understood it wasn't the old KF (which wouldn't have been a bargain at $129). The current KF wasn't "updated" in air quotes, it truly was updated: Faster proccessor, bigger battery, different antenna. If it were made by Apple, they'd call it the KF 2.

I found it slower than the original, due to the software changes. HD is as bad, Silk never loads and books tab is useless unless you have a tiny amazon library. Running dolphin, it's about same speed as original, but does have better screen and sound.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Karen will it run game apps (for little kids) ok? I ordered one for my girls, I want to get rid of their rooted Nook Color.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
yes, games are fine.

They made some archive changes, to keep large libraries from either being "chopped off" (only display oldest XX titles) or bricking the device (as happens on the touch). Now, every time you access apps or books, it reloads the archive list (newest first). Great in theory, horrid in practice.

Stay out on the carousel and it works fine.

I don't know why the Silk browser it acting up on mine, but I loaded Dolphin (and flash) and it works fine, other than in gmail (which simply hates android web browsers, it seems, at least the Kindle versions - click a msg and it displays something else entirely). The built in email is ok, but has limited search capabilities.

Skype works great (talked to brother, who is in Indonesia right now, no real delay lag, even with my very slow DSL).

Also have Aldiko on it, so can read drm'd epubs/pdf (should work for B&N titles, too, but haven't tried on this hardware; worked fine on old Fire). I use it as the default for all PDF's.

Haven't played with freetime much - looks to be a royal pain to administer from the device and only tolerable from the web interface (requires you to set things up one book and one app at a time in the MYK page, which is still better than attempting to do so from the device).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote