Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
EricBr
EricBr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Importing book list from Amazon "My Books"

Is there a way to import the books listed in the "Manage My Kindle/Kindle Library/My Books" section of Amazon into Calibre?

I am not necessarily looking to download the books (although that would be great), but mainly just the titles/book information.

Thanks,

EricB
EricBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #2
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
I'd love to know this too! (Just subscribing to the thread)
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:18 AM   #3
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Ive been thinking about this, and I'm.wondering if it might be possible to use sheltering for this. I believe its possible to import your kindle book.list into shelfari, and you can export a list of your shelfari books to csv. So, think it would be possible to write a plugin that could then create no-format empty books based on that csv...?

I haven't looked at the process of.pouting development for.calibre before, but it seems that hypothetically this should be.possible... ideally, it would be nice if you could create the item just from the asin /Isbn, and have the plugin pull the rest of the info from amazon...
Old 12-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
TuxGirl
Groupie

For what it's worth, I'm in the process of putting together a script that could take a list of asins, titles, and authors (which you can get in the shelfari export I mentioned in the previous post), and pull down useful information from amazon to create an empty book. it's not pretty, and it's not functional now, but I just proved that I can pull down the title, author, editorial review (often the product description?), and categories from amazon... So, from there, I'm fairly certain that this is completely possible.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:10 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you have a list of ISBNs just right click the Add books button in calibre and use Add from ISBNs calibre will automatically fetch metadata for the added books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 AM   #6
TuxGirl
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you have a list of ISBNs just right click the Add books button in calibre and use Add from ISBNs calibre will automatically fetch metadata for the added books.
Kovid:
Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to work with ASINs instead of ISBNs, and I only have ASINs from Shelfari... A large percentage of my library is also indies, many of which don't have a paper version, and might not have an ISBN?

I didn't know about the "Add from ISBN" option previously, so that is good to know about it!

Thanks (for everything you've done on this app)!
~TuxGirl
Old 12-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, it only works with ISBNs, not proprietary identifiers like asins or google ids or whatever.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:50 AM   #8
TuxGirl
Groupie

whoops... posted the results of this discussion in the other thread I had going regarding it. Rather than posting a second time, I'll just link to it:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=162616&page=2

There is a script there in case anyone's interested...