Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Trouble installing screensaver hack on Kindle 2

Hello all,

I have been trying to install the screensaver hack on my Kindle 2 (not international, I bought it in August). I'm using a laptop with Mac OS X.

I downloaded the zip file here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=150 and followed the procedure: copy/pasted the update .bin into the root directory, ejected the Kindle, updated software. No dice. The settings page still shows "Kindle 2.3" and when I plugin my kindle, there is no screen_saver folder in the system folder.

Am I missing something? Does that file not work for Kindle 2 that is not international? Is there another .bin I should be using? Please help! I've already got a tidy little stockpile of screensaver images I'm itching to try.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I always create the "screen-saver" folder myself. You can find step-by-step instructions with pictures on the Visual Kindle Guide wiki page Kindle 2 US, Int'l and Kindle DX Screen Saver Hack.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 11:17 PM   #3
sparrowlight
Zealot
sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.sparrowlight got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Touch as backup
Actually...I figured it out and now I'm rocking some custom images.
sparrowlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, kindle, screensavers