Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-29-2009, 03:52 AM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
So how do you deal with all your gadgets?!

I know a lot of you are like me... gadgets all over. Most of them benefit from the occasional attachment to the computer, but mainly they just need charging. How do you do it?

I picked a small charge bar with USB ports that I think I'm going to use as my 'charge station.' Use the USB ports for the Kindle and maybe my iPhone. Use the plugs for my DS and PSP.

I use a little picture stand for my Kindle, and my iphone has its own stand but what about the rest? How do you all sort your frequently used gadgets?
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:02 AM   #2
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
I can charge nearly every gadget I have through USB(other than the GB SP) for everything else there's USB and I also built myself a mintyboost device to charge on the go.

But Other than charging and needing them when out I don't really notice the gadgets.

My cell phone(N95) constantly losses out with charging since I maybe remember to charge it once per week, my eeepc get's charged the night before I need it generally. The V3 reader get's a topup once every 3 weeks usually(since it lasts so long on a single charge which is good for me), the only device that get's a daily charge is the music player I have be it either a iPod Shuffle 2nd gen(if I need it for audio books) or the Samsung S2 Pebble which I listen to at work the whole day.

Frankly I want devices I can charge maybe once per week but not much more than that. I don't consider plugging things in all the time to be a good use for a gadget. And infact and more and more looking at low-power devices that can do that. Still hard though to find them as everything seems to come with crap batteries or is just overengineered.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 AM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I have a cabinet in the front room where my "gadgets" live when not in use. 505, YP-P2, camera, Tom Tom, labeler, DS lite, phone cords, flash drives, etc.

Nothing else is allowed in there but gadget stuff.

I also have a wooden box inside the cabinet that holds all the cords. Each cord is in a zip lock baggie that is labeled. (ie, YP-P2 to PC, camera to PC, camera to AC, 505 to AC, 505 to PC, etc.)

A surge protector strip is also inside for AC charging that is out of the way.

A bit much probably, but it works. I don't have to think or look for anything (it's all in one place). Just grab the correctly labeled baggie and plug it in.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
I have a little usb hub with a cable organizer (just a rubber section you can slide cables through) and i just pull all my charging cables through that (wall charging and usb), it keeps it all nice and neat
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I picked up a charging station last week. it only has room for 3 devices, but right now that is sufficient. the GPS stays in the car and is normally plugged in there. one ZUNE has its own dock with speakers, the smaller one travels with me, and if I use it at work I plug it into my computer for a charge.

I spent a year and a half as a "Road Warrior", flying to a different city every week. the best purchase I made was one of those "squids" instead of a power strip. it has the sure protector, but different length cables so there is room for all the chargers to be plugged in. that and all of my cords traveled in the outside pocket of my checked in suitcase.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert