Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Mark_Twain
Mark_Twain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Device is write-protected

Just got my Aura HD...
I connect it to my Notebook and start Calibre, but I can't send books to the device. Error message is:

Quote:
DeviceError: Der Hauptspeicher von KOBOTOUCH ist schreibgeschützt. Dies passiert üblicherweise aufgrund von Fehlern im Dateisystem.
Translation is something like "The main memory of KOBOTOUCH is write-protected. This usually happens because of filesystem errors".

Am I doing something wrong or is my device broken?
I'm on Debian wheezy with python 2.7.3 and use the latest calibre (how can I see the version btw?)...

Thank you for any help!
Mark_Twain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Twain View Post
I'm on Debian wheezy with python 2.7.3 and use the latest calibre (how can I see the version btw?)...

Thank you for any help!
The version shows in the bottom Left corner when the mouse is NOT hovering over various GUI points (move the mouse to see changes)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Support for the AuraHD was added in calibre 0.9.28. All the current Kobo devices use the same driver. This is the KOBOTOUCH driver. As the message has "KOBOTOUCH" in it, that sounds like you do have the correct version.

From the message, it sounds like the file system is corrupt. Can you run a check on it to fix any errors? If all else fails, you might have to plug it into a Windows machine and get that to check it.

Also, the error message should have had an extra button to show more details. Could you see what else is shown? That should show the lines of code where the error occurred.

There is a BFI ("brute force and ignorance") method to solve this. That is to do a factory reset on the device. This will reinstall the factory firmware, reformat the user partition and take you through the set-up again including installing the latest firmware. I doubt if you are at that point, but it should fix things if all else fails.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Mark_Twain
Mark_Twain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have calibre 0.9.35...
Found the problem: my user didn't have write permission on the (automounted) kobo device...
Starting Calibre as root worked, so just make sure you have write permission on the mountpoint...
Mark_Twain is offline   Reply With Quote