Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
dogfooduk
dogfooduk began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
Quick question regarding rooted PRS-T1...

Hello All,

I have rooted my PRS-T1 (fantastic ereader!) and would like to change the default reading application (currently set to the android app for this). Is there any way I can get that dialogue box back from when it was first rooted so I can have a play with the different reading apps before making a final choice?

I have tried searching the T1 settings and these forums with no luck.

Any help for this noob would be appreciated.

Thanks very much
dogfooduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogfooduk View Post
Hello All,
Is there any way I can get that dialogue box back from when it was first rooted so I can have a play with the different reading apps before making a final choice?
Yes there is.
You have to go to Settings, the Android ones not Settings on the Sony Homescreen, you should find them when you go to the launcher you installed during rooting the T1 (probably ADW Launcher).
In thew Settings menu choose Applications, then Manage Applications.
Now you have to scroll through the list till you find the App that you've set as standard (the Sony one is simply called Reader) and tap on it.
On the next screen there is the section Luanch by default (you might have to scroll down a bit) if you click on Clear defaults the box asking you which App you want to use should come back when you open a book.
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
dogfooduk
dogfooduk began at the beginning.

Device: prs-t1
You're a star! That did the trick! Thanks very much for being so helpful, VERY appreciated
dogfooduk is offline   Reply With Quote