Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 04:53 AM   #16
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
I have about 500 books on my 650 (no SD card) and that's about a third of capacity.

I do have more e-books I could move to the reader, but 500 gives me enough options for when I am travelling at the moment.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:08 AM   #17
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
When I first got my Kindle I put everything on it then I found myself lost trying to remember what was on it. lol
I had a problem where my indexing got messed up and it had to reindex all 400 ebooks.
Lol same thing here.

So now I'm slowly re-adding them one by one, as I'm reading them.
Algiedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 05:13 AM   #18
Panda Rose
Zealot
Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Panda Rose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs505, Kindle 3, iPhone4
I have about 30 books stored on my sony505. The rest are in Calibre so I can retrieve them at any time. A few from UK bookstores have to be on ADE, but i usually take them off my reader when have read them.
Panda Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I don't own that many books, but I do have all the books I do own on my readers. On my Mini in 3 formats, on my WinCE devices in 1 format and on my Sony in 2.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #20
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I don't own that many books, but I do have all the books I do own on my readers. On my Mini in 3 formats, on my WinCE devices in 1 format and on my Sony in 2.
Do you mean you have one book in 2 or 3 different formats on an ebook reader?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2011, 08:30 AM   #21
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
Right now I only have ePubs and LRF files on my 505, and I am using about a quarter of the 200mb storage space with about 150 books. For a while I had my back issue collection of Make Magazine on the SD card, which was about a gig (BTW, Make Magazine has an awesome option, for $5 extra a year, you can view the latest and all back issues online, as well as download DRM free PDF copies). What I've pretty much done, is add books as I want them, read them, and not remove them. Only time I've removed them, is if A: Formatting, typos, etc were bad enough to make me not want to continue reading or reread or B: in the case of PDFs did eat up the space in a hurry.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:28 AM   #22
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I have a Sony PRS-505 and I don't know how much memory it has, but whenever I hook up to Calibre, I add books until it won't take any more -- I keep it as full as I can, generally around 200 books. I use the stock lists or tags to find the books I want to read next. I don't know what I'll do when I finally so few books TBR that I'll be able to load them all without consulting file sizes.

I also have a Kindle (3G), but I don't keep nearly as many books on it as I do my Sony. I mainly have either books that I bought for $0.00; if I want to read a particular book on it, I email it to myself. I haven't figured out a good way to sort and find books, but at the moment I choose either a book from the last page (currently page 5) or the latest that I emailed myself. I use my Sony when I'm looking for a particular title.

I do not keep books on either device that I am not planning to read soon. I delete/archive as soon as I have read them. My libraries are stored elsewhere.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 AM   #23
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
I know I'm north of 1,000 titles, but I don't count titles, so I don't know that way. I keep them on an SD chip, on my trusty Hanlin V3+ ereader, running OpenInkPot 2.2. (On my second battery!)

I count by space used. Currently at 1.4 Gig used on a 2 GIG chip.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #24
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
No, not even close. I have around 400 books and about 10 audiobooks on my K3.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #25
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
What's on mine is a fraction of a drop in the bucket.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #26
garrybuck
Connoisseur
garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.garrybuck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kindle
I've got over 1600 books on my Kindle 3. Storage is about 3/4 full. Many of the books are fairly short, and part of the storage is taken up by mp3 files, perhaps 60 or so for background music.

Keeping all that straight was driving me crazy on my Kindle 1, so I bought the K3 for the 'folder' capability. Anything I haven't read goes into the home page by default. I have one labelled Read for stuff I've finished. One is labelled Abandoned for stuff I started but gave up on. One is labelled Kindle Specific for things like My Clippings, Mobipocket Guide, Kindle User's Guide etc. I also have one for Samples and another for Collected Works. The most important category for me is labelled Current. Anything I plan to read real soon now goes in there.

I've considered categorizing by author and/or genre, but I'm way too lazy and I don't think it would do much for me even if I went through the effort.

As far as finding stuff, any time I read a passage that resonates with me I highlight it, which puts it in the My Clippings file. So any time I want to find 'that one thing I read that one time' I start in My Clippings and I usually find it that way.
garrybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #27
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
I'm approaching 200 ebooks on my Kindle 3. My Kindle for PC has abt 250 books and Calibre around 100. There are probably 1000-1500 (whereof 500 PD books from a magazine-attached CD) ebooks altogether on my netbook, but they're not all "properly" sorted or "installed" into Calibre or Kindle.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Algiedi
Overenthusiastic Noob
Algiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-booksAlgiedi has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
This thread got me wondering: is there a recent poll on the number of books people have on their readers?
It would be interesting to see with a glance how the numbers are distributed.
Algiedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:36 AM   #29
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
About 30 books.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:50 AM   #30
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Nope. Most of the time I keep 20-30 books on my reader.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote