Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
Roberta Carrota
Roberta Carrota began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre - adding books question

Hi, folks,

I downloaded and installed Calibre a few days ago and am enjoying it. But I've been trying to add old books/documents to the library lately that do not have the appropriate metadata. So, I have to find them in the index to make corrections.

Of course, the more books I add, the longer it takes each time to go through the index looking for things that need to be changed.

Is there some way to isolate them with a column (everything with a date seems to not be a big help because I'm adding things of various ages each time) or a search or something?

Thanks.
Roberta Carrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:21 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please post in the correct forum; this definitely does not belong in the "News" forum! I'm moving it to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #3
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roberta Carrota View Post
Hi, folks,

I downloaded and installed Calibre a few days ago and am enjoying it. But I've been trying to add old books/documents to the library lately that do not have the appropriate metadata. So, I have to find them in the index to make corrections.

Of course, the more books I add, the longer it takes each time to go through the index looking for things that need to be changed.

Is there some way to isolate them with a column (everything with a date seems to not be a big help because I'm adding things of various ages each time) or a search or something?

Thanks.
One of the default columns is for the date that a book is added to calibre. Just click on the column heading to sort the books in descending order. Click again to reverse the sort.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:26 PM   #4
Roberta Carrota

Sorry, Harry,

You are right. I've been on this silly screen for about 9 hours and scrolled a bit down the page, but my eyes are tired and I stopped.

I'll be more careful next time.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
Roberta Carrota

Thanks, Jeannie.
Advert