Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-07-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
New password from baen books?

Has anyone been able to get a new password from Baen books? On the login page it says that if you haven't logged in in the last 4 months you need a new password. I put in my email address and click the request new password button and nothing. No email giving me a new temp password, no anything. I sent them an email yesterday, no reply. No phone number to contact them. This is maddening. I've bought quite a few books from them and I really don't want to rebuy them from someone dependable like Amazon.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'd suggest asking for help on the forum on their site ("Baen's Bar").
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 12:35 PM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
Has anyone been able to get a new password from Baen books? On the login page it says that if you haven't logged in in the last 4 months you need a new password. I put in my email address and click the request new password button and nothing. No email giving me a new temp password, no anything. I sent them an email yesterday, no reply. No phone number to contact them. This is maddening. I've bought quite a few books from them and I really don't want to rebuy them from someone dependable like Amazon.
Email them at this address: baensupport@principledtechnologies.com

Be sure to put in the subject new password not sent and please include the email address and name associated with your Baen Ebooks account. They have been having trouble with some email providers.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #4
aardbewoner
Grumpy
aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: linux computers ,raspberry
Get a link https://www.baen.com/customer/accoun...n=xxxxxxxxxxxx then you go to the forgot your password page pfffff.
454 4.7.1 <info@baen.com>: Relay access denied , same with baensupport@principledtechnologies.com . BAD service bean.
aardbewoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardbewoner View Post
Get a link https://www.baen.com/customer/accoun...n=xxxxxxxxxxxx then you go to the forgot your password page pfffff.
454 4.7.1 <info@baen.com>: Relay access denied , same with baensupport@principledtechnologies.com . BAD service bean.
That means you are not getting emails Baen, log on to Baen's Bar and post in the Ebooks forum with the error code.

bernie
Old 05-13-2016, 04:03 PM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
That means you are not getting emails Baen, log on to Baen's Bar and post in the Ebooks forum with the error code.

bernie
So you're saying that you can create an account on Baen's Bar without being able to get email from them? Because I'm pretty sure that you have to click a link in an email in order to confirm the account and be allowed to post.

Shari

Last edited by shalym; 05-13-2016 at 04:06 PM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 04:43 PM   #7
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So you're saying that you can create an account on Baen's Bar without being able to get email from them? Because I'm pretty sure that you have to click a link in an email in order to confirm the account and be allowed to post.

Shari
If he does not already have a Baen's Bar account then he might have to use a different email provider to open one.

bernie
Old 05-14-2016, 07:19 AM   #8
aardbewoner
Grumpy
aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aardbewoner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No i get that if i try to mail them by email ! i get the Password Reset Confirmation for xxx that bring you to http://https://www.baen.com/customer...orgotpassword/
that give you a page to add your email enter bring you back to http://https://www.baen.com/customer...rer/aHR0-bla,/
and so on lol the endless loop
Old 05-14-2016, 01:11 PM   #9
gbm
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardbewoner View Post
No i get that if i try to mail them by email ! i get the Password Reset Confirmation for xxx that bring you to http://https://www.baen.com/customer...orgotpassword/
that give you a page to add your email enter bring you back to http://https://www.baen.com/customer...rer/aHR0-bla,/
and so on lol the endless loop
The best suggestion I have for you is to use a different email provider email baensupport@principledtechnologies.com explain the problem, provide them with the email your account is under.

I use yahoo.com and gmx.com for my baenebooks accounts.

bernie
Old 05-15-2016, 12:27 AM   #10
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I sent an email to them about the problem and they reset my password and sent me an email telling me what it was. I'm keeping the one they sent me. I don't trust that the reset page will work.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #11
aardbewoner
Grumpy

After days the email got to them ,and bean style the acted promptly.
Still no idea why the web pages send you on a loop.
Books here i come
Old 05-18-2016, 05:09 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossi View Post
I just logged into Baen and I have not done so for ovr 4 months. My password worked no problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote