Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #46
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
The "old" software was called "Sony Reader Library", but it does not work with the T1 or T2 models.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #47
michailbachtin
Enthusiast
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
The highlight length is hard coded, but easy to fix in a modified Reader app. I will include "unlimited highlight length" in the next version of my modified Reader.

For those who don't want to wait or don't want to use my modified reader (and know their ways around apktool and smali): Commenting out the 8 lines of code after both ".line 2071" and ".line 3033" in BookReadingActivity.smali (v1.0.04.12210) does the trick.

Annotation created with stock Reader: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2086827/annotafter.png
Annotation created with Reader with no annotation length limit: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2086827/annotbefore.png

Cheers!
Have I missed an update of your wonderful June-Reader? I would love to have it with the unlimited highlighting option on my device. That would make my Sony Reader worthwhile.

Otherwise: it's off to Pocketbook...

Thanks Morkl! You're the greatest!
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #48
michailbachtin
Enthusiast
michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.michailbachtin is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Sony PSR-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkl View Post
The highlight length is hard coded, but easy to fix in a modified Reader app. I will include "unlimited highlight length" in the next version of my modified Reader.
Has this update with the unlimited highlight length appeared yet. I am desperate to have it for academic research non non-DRM material.

Please let me know!

Cheers and thanks!
michailbachtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 07:51 AM   #49
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
The "old" software was called "Sony Reader Library", but it does not work with the T1 or T2 models.
parts of it still work - the online store does not but I think the basic transfer of books does. not ideas what it does to your notes. I'd not use it though, as ther'es a nwere porgram that DOES work.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 12:07 AM   #50
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
parts of it still work - the online store does not but I think the basic transfer of books does. not ideas what it does to your notes. I'd not use it though, as ther'es a nwere porgram that DOES work.
Actually the online bookstore works fine with the old software, Reader Library. And, you can transfer books to the older models. I use it with a 505 still in use in my household. However, for the newer models, you have to use the Reader for Mac/PC to transfer books. That's what drove many of us to switch to calibre as a library database.
Old 01-13-2014, 01:35 AM   #51
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Actually the online bookstore works fine with the old software, ...
nitpicking but not so in my experience. I installed a version of the old sony software using the installer from prs650 firmware but I was unable to get into the reader store, & unable to update the software.
I could see the store splash page but I was stuck on "click to enter" or something like that. and check for updates gave silly messages about check your firewall which I posted about somewhere else.

so my PC would not connect to the store - that's a pc software - server thing, the reader device is not in that loop[
Old 01-13-2014, 01:53 AM   #52
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Absolutely it works just fine. I used it today to download a book that I purchased last week. There are no more updates. Sony stopped supporting it when they introduced Reader for Mac/PC when the T1 came out in Autumn 2011. Sounds like something is wrong with your computer. I would have installed it using the last released version on the Sony support website rather than the setup from the ereader. Also Sony made people setup new passwords recently because of the Adobe hacking incident.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:59 AM   #53
cybmole
Wizard

more likely, you have a newer software version that the one that is distributed for installation in the prs650 firmware, so yours works, but the older one does not. but I am not fussed enough to want to reinstall & check version numbers etc. ( another possible is that the old software will work if you've previously connected OK but not if you are new user, with no account created ? )

its not my PC - i googled the exact error message about "firewalls" & lots of other people get it also- the error message detail is in- post#2 of this thread
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...light=firewall

PS adobe says that I must update my passrod- won't let me log into their suite until I do, but as my PC & device authoriastions still work I shall leave it as is
Old 01-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #54
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

I know that my software is up to date. That's why I recommended that you install the software from the Sony website and not the 650 in order to get the most recent.