Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
New Kindle Rumor: Kindle 2.0 in October 2008?

Someone just posted this on the Amazon Discussion boards. From CrunchGear:

Kindle 2.0 Coming Around October 2008

Quote:
An insider let slip that two new Amazon Kindle models will hit stores this holiday season, with the first coming as early as October.

The first is an updated version with the same sized screen, a smaller form factor, and an improved interface. The source told us that Amazon has “skipped three or four generations,” comparing the old Kindle to the 1st gen iPod and the new version to something like the sexy iPod Mini.

The second new model, which is shaped like an 8 1/2 x 11-inch piece of paper, is considerably bigger than the current model and should be available next year.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
TheJohnNewton
Addict
TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.TheJohnNewton is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Aren't rumors fun? I'm not sure how the changes mentioned could be considered "skipping three or four generations" but a larger format option may make sense for some people. Oh and I'm sure the pink model will be popular with the tween girl crowd. They are big ebook readers right?
TheJohnNewton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You would not catch me with a pink Kindle. Now, a plum colored one or spring green to match my laptop and I'll be all over it!

I guess we'll see *if* the number of generations skipped is correct *if* and *when* we see it.

You're right, rumors are fun.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Gizmodo's blurb:

Quote:
CrunchGear's got it on good authority that the next year or so will see not only an update to the current model—making it thinner and lighter—but also an altogether new model with dimensions something like a piece of loose leaf paper. They should come out in October and sometime next year, respectively, though no word on pricing. To try to sway the youth market, it's said the new Kindle's will come in trendy new colors.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
SeaWolf
Connoisseur
SeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileReadSeaWolf has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Maybe this will also herald an international version available in places other than the US.
We live in hope...
SeaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Well you dont know how bad this has set me back in my plans!!

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
So.......does anyone know how accurate "crunchgear" has been with their 'on good authority' stories in the past? Or is this like a "highly placed sources who wish to remain anonymous say' type of thing?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:03 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Well you dont know how bad this has set me back in my plans!!

JJ
That's why I started the rumor.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #9
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
That's why I started the rumor.
That's Ok I am thinking Roast Duck for dinner!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:09 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
That's Ok I am thinking Roast Duck for dinner!!!
Only if you can catch me. Remember, I have.... Whispernet!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #11
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Only if you can catch me. Remember, I have.... Whispernet!
Yes but I am a MR ninja and trained the way of the swartz!!

JJ
Old 07-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #12
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Do I have to put you two on meds also???? Its bad enough with prysrynk and the others......now settle down!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #13
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Do I have to put you two on meds also???? Its bad enough with prysrynk and the others......now settle down!
Yes MOM!! I guess we will just have to take this to the LOUNGE!

JJ
Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 AM   #14
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

It is popping up everywhere!

http://truemors.com/?p=30795
Old 07-16-2008, 05:12 AM   #15
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
You would not catch me with a pink Kindle. Now, a plum colored one or spring green to match my laptop and I'll be all over it!
Personally, I thought Duck a l' Orange was better than Duck in Plum Sauce...

I wonder if there should be an "auto Karma" if the rumours are right...
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!