Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 02:53 PM   #1
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The House of Jacquarelle: Third in the Kestral series [see post #18]

The series that blends the best elements of one of the most venerable sci-fi series (Star Trek), and one of the shortest-lived series (Firefly), into a unique and believable star-faring future, has spawned a third story of adventure for Captain Carolyn Kestral and her capable crew!

The crew of the star-freighter Mary, together with Captain Coray Gheris and the crew of the Jovian Skies, get caught between rival planets and corporate espionage that gets increasingly lethal with each turn. With the help of a newcomer to the group, a young girl who could negotiate the legs off a cheetah, Kestral and company must get themselves out of the corporate crossfire, and negotiate to recover one of their own... one of the crew whose secret past finally catches up to them! It's an exciting ride that terminates incredibly at The House of Jacquarelle.

The Kestral Voyages series is very popular among MR members and others, noted for its well-rounded characters, believable science and exciting adventure. The House of Jacquarelle was written by popular demand after the highly-acclaimed second novel The Lens. Available in multiple e-book formats, DRM-free, for a great $2.99 price... Gods, people, what are you waiting for? Get it now!

(And hurry... I've got taxes to pay!)

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 11-21-2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Updated link
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Did you ever write a sequel to Verdant Skies?

I hope you're the one who wrote that... Otherwise this would be rather embarrasing..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #3
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
Did you ever write a sequel to Verdant Skies?

I hope you're the one who wrote that... Otherwise this would be rather embarrasing..
Yes, I wrote Verdant Skies... but no, I haven't written a sequel to it.

I had a legion of people begging me for another Kestral story even before I finished Verdant Skies, and being one to aspire to satisfy my fans (not to mention loving the Kestral characters immensely), I was glad to accommodate them. Since then, I have had a lot of requests for a Verdant sequel, too.

Does that mean it's next?

Maybe.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
It better be next Grrrrrrrrrrr

On a serious note Steve. Paypal have suddenly decided to block my debit card for a reason only they know despite a half hour chat with them on the phone. This means I can no longer purchase any of your books. Is there any other place I can get this new Kestral novel? Would you consider putting it on Smashwords? Sorry to be a pain but I really want to continue buying your books. I have all of them up to this one.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #5
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
It better be next Grrrrrrrrrrr

On a serious note Steve. Paypal have suddenly decided to block my debit card for a reason only they know despite a half hour chat with them on the phone. This means I can no longer purchase any of your books. Is there any other place I can get this new Kestral novel? Would you consider putting it on Smashwords? Sorry to be a pain but I really want to continue buying your books. I have all of them up to this one.
Hmm... first I've heard of that. I'll look into putting it up on Smashwords or something similar, and get back to you!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks Steve. Smashwords would be great and I know you have an account with them.
It is not a problem at your end. My Wife closed her paypal account because they kept screwing up. They then blocked our card, forever, meaning unless/until we get the bank to sort it out and give us a new number we can not buy anything from anyone that uses paypal. A right royal pain in the Ar.. butt. I hates paypal I do.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Yes, I wrote Verdant Skies... but no, I haven't written a sequel to it.

I had a legion of people begging me for another Kestral story even before I finished Verdant Skies, and being one to aspire to satisfy my fans (not to mention loving the Kestral characters immensely),....
Uhmmm... maybe I better read the Kestral series...
Old 04-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Great to see a new Kestral book, and what a bargain at $2.

Hope a Verdant sequel is next.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:59 AM   #9
lene1949
Wizard

I've bought the first one...
Old 04-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
I've bought the first one...
Great! Two to go!

And then the other twelve books!...
Old 04-17-2010, 05:03 AM   #11
lene1949
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Great! Two to go!

And then the other twelve books!...
and then I'll be broke...
Old 04-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #12
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

12 books at $1.99 each will make you broke? Hmm... we should do something about that...
Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Oh, but I do love me some Carolyn Kestral!

Thanks, Steve!
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #14
Stormchild
Evangelist

Just finished it. Excellent read. Thanks Steve.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #15
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

No, thank you!

Tags
e-book, kestral, stevejordanbooks