Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
JoelMayer
JoelMayer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Image Quality Problem

When I upload an EPUB file out of SIGIL and into Calibre, Calibre chops the bottom off of the first image and makes it appear blurry. The image is identified in my HTML file with the phrase: BookTitle.HTML#start. This image measures 600 pixels in width by 860 pixels in height and it weighs 122 kilobytes. I have other images deeper in the text the same size and weight. Calibre displays them well and does a good job in the conversion process from EPUB to MOBI.

The problem persists when I load the MOBI file up into Kindle previewer. The first image is chopped off and looks cheap, the images deeper in the text look just fine. I tried adding a book mark after the image in the doc file as I thought maybe my text was crowding the image from the bottom. This idea proved worthless. Suggestions?
JoelMayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Identify the image properly as a cover use a <meta name="cover"> tag.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert