Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
s36x
s36x began at the beginning.

Device: MS Surface Pro 4
Library Management and Nook Color

I have a bunch of ebooks (epubs) and many have funky titles and missing covers. While I have the covers sorted, I want to edit the names.

If I edit them in calibre, and then plug in my nookcolor will it auto-edit the titles on the nook? All I want to do is overwrite the titles on the nook, not send a second copy of the book. I have calbre set to auto update metadata on connect, but it hasn't synced the covers that calibre has already fixed so I have no idea what titles will do.

Basically I'm looking for sync help. I don't want to erase the device and start over I just want to fix what's on my computer and have my nook reflect that change. and so far I haven't found a way to make calibre do this.

ideas?
s36x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to correct subforum.

Most probably you'll have to delete and resend the books on the device after changing the metadata. As far as I know, metadata syncing is only implemented for Sony devices.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The Nooks dont make their metadata cache accessible via the USB connection, so metadata syncing cannot work for them. Delete/Resending is your only option.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
s36x
s36x began at the beginning.

Device: MS Surface Pro 4
Well shoot.

Thanks for the help
s36x is offline   Reply With Quote