Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: December 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoyevsky 10 10.53%
Walden by Henry David Thoreau 8 8.42%
Call of the Wild by Jack London 5 5.26%
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens 11 11.58%
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins 17 17.89%
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas 10 10.53%
A Room With A View by E. M. Forster 12 12.63%
War of the Worlds by H G Wells 16 16.84%
Life on the Mississippi by Mark Twain 5 5.26%
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë 1 1.05%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #106
sara4
sara4 began at the beginning.

Device: cruz ereader
I joined, I saw the list, I voted , I read between work and chores, I read before I fell asleep because I have this marvelous light which shines on the page and not on my husbands face. I was only going to read a chapter a night but I had to find out how it ends. So I finished it it in 2 nights. I loved it, and am sorry I never read Wilkie Collins before. Now since then I have read 2 more full ebooks and 3 hardcovers. Just finished the last of Sieg Larsens the Girl who kicked the Bees Nest. Loved it also, sorry when it was over. All his books are ebooks and there is on or two movies also. happy Holidays, Syd
sara4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #107
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara4 View Post
I joined, I saw the list, I voted , I read between work and chores, I read before I fell asleep because I have this marvelous light which shines on the page and not on my husbands face. I was only going to read a chapter a night but I had to find out how it ends. So I finished it it in 2 nights. I loved it, and am sorry I never read Wilkie Collins before. Now since then I have read 2 more full ebooks and 3 hardcovers. Just finished the last of Sieg Larsens the Girl who kicked the Bees Nest. Loved it also, sorry when it was over. All his books are ebooks and there is on or two movies also. happy Holidays, Syd
Hey Sara... welcome to the Book Club. Just and FYI, there is a discussion thread opened about each book on the 20th of that month. The thread for this month is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=112049

...so you might want to go repost this there.

Glad you liked it... the book club has opened my eyes to several new authors and books I would have missed otherwise too.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote