Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
isaak
Enthusiast
isaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheeseisaak can extract oil from cheese

Device: kobo aura one; kindle dx
iriver Cover Story

It seems that iriver has introduced a touch-screen, wifi-networked successor to iriver Story: Cover Story.
Looks nice, but the screen is not upgraded to 16 levels, and we have to see if the touch functionality affects its contrast.
isaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
Looks really nice. We have to see when/where/how much, now...
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
Rikke
Rikke began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver STORY
wifi only in Korea.
touchscreen looks really nice.
Cover Story in China has the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
iRiver should supply english dictionaries for STORY users by firmware!
Rikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I won't even consider any new edition of iRiver ereaders because, for over 4 months, they have yet to show that they're capable of fixing couple of major bugs in the original version.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:47 AM   #5
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi greenapple,
Problem is, iRiver doesn't seem to see them as bugs. If you're talking about annoyances like words breaking in text wrap and DOC files not reflowing, iRiver sees them as working as designed, so they haven't been trying to "fix" them.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
minje
minje began at the beginning.

Device: iriver coverstory
Iriver coverstory Web browsing

Hi guys, I bought the wife an iriver coverstory book reader, what I'd like to know is; Can I browse the net, it is wifi but the browser is to waterstones only...anyone know how to get internet explorer, firefox browsers etc?
Cheers
minje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by minje View Post
Hi guys, I bought the wife an iriver coverstory book reader, what I'd like to know is; Can I browse the net, it is wifi but the browser is to waterstones only...anyone know how to get internet explorer, firefox browsers etc?
Cheers
Minje, this is known as hijacking a thread and we'll probably forgive you in here where the traffic isn't high, but this will get you flamed in some other fora, so beware. Start a new thread for a new question please.

Answering your question, it sounds as though you have the Waterstone add-on installed - either you did it, or got your Cover Story with it installed. This means that it's set up to take you to Waterstone's where you can buy your books, so I'm not sure you'll be able to get out of the sandbox Waterstone's have created for you. However, if you manage to install another browser - can't help you with how as I don't have a Cover Story - you may be able to get around the limitation. Try Google Chrome - it's very light on machine overhead.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 06:05 PM   #8
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Cheers
Oh, and by the way, you'll not get IE to work on it. IE is Windows only, and your Cover Story runs a cut-down linux.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #9
James_Wilde
Guru

Quote:
Cheers
Third thought for the day: you bought this Cover Story for your wife, but you want to browse the net? Get your own frigging Cover Story to surf the net on and leave your wife's alone so she can read books on it!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #10
minje
minje began at the beginning.

Device: iriver coverstory
Sorry for posting here
Nooooo, It's to get her off my pc so she can browse
minje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #11
GeorgiaRed
GeorgiaRed began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver EB05/Sony PRS-T1
I had a Cover story for 8 months- only used it for occasional ebook purchases. However, it went back for repairs after it froze - wouldn't reset or anything, even if ree-charged. The factory in Germany had it for over a month without any news. Eventually Waterstones have agreed a refund and I won't buy Iriver again. That's the sort of bug IRiver should fix.
GeorgiaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:31 AM   #12
Renji
Connoisseur
Renji began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Cover Story WiFi, Sony PRS-T1
@GeorgiaRed, I've owned my iRiver for a year now and never froze at all and still love it! I was tossisng up to decide iif I iwould buy a new one but could not justify it as the iRiver is fantasic especially it support comic files.
Renji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #13
GeorgiaRed
GeorgiaRed began at the beginning.

Device: IRiver EB05/Sony PRS-T1
Renji,
any ereader can fail - what I objected to most was the poor service once it went back - 1 month and nothing heard, so Waterstones gave me a refund.
Am happy now with my Sony -PRS-T1, also touchscreen, can geniunely browse the web.
GeorgiaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #14
gambade
gambade began at the beginning.

Device: iriver cover story
Hi I'm new here.

I just bought a cheap iriver cover story and generally I'm happy with it. I just could need another dictionary. In the manual it suggest to have the possibility to change different dictionarys but I haven't found a way yet to add one. I read at some thread here about a format .ms. Does anybody know something about it?
gambade is offline   Reply With Quote