Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
AlexGrant
Electronic R&D Engineer
AlexGrant began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO 5"
Angry 5" Firmware 4/2/2010 - More BUGS than GOODS

Very disapointed: more bugs than version 12/11/2009. If read russian FB2 book - and language is set to English - not proper code set. If change menu language in Russian - book is readable, but only one font size. Button 7 does not work. Returning to firmware 12/11/2010.
ROBERT, PLEASE ASK TO FIX THIS BUGS!
AlexGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Will forward to PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrant View Post
Very disapointed: more bugs than version 12/11/2009. If read russian FB2 book - and language is set to English - not proper code set. If change menu language in Russian - book is readable, but only one font size. Button 7 does not work. Returning to firmware 12/11/2010.
ROBERT, PLEASE ASK TO FIX THIS BUGS!
Dear Alex:

I am copying your entire post herein and will forward to the Program Manager. He is the one doing the checking of all firmware upgrades.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
Gena01
Gena01 began at the beginning.

Device: Ez Reader 5" Pocket Pro
I've been playing with Russian FB2 books. I usually set language to Russian globally as it seems to affect most file formats.

In regards to FB2 and latest firmware. When I open FB2 now it shows/uses new CoolReader3. When I press 8 key I get a screen full (10 to be exact) of various font sizes with sample text.

Gena01
Gena01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:11 PM   #4
Gena01

Also I just checked key 7 and it's showing a list of bookmarks (or empty cells there if none are set).

On a separate note after installing latest firmware I wasn't able to open CoolReader3 options screen. It just kept crashing and exiting back to the bookshelf. But somehow it started working and is working fine now.

Gena01
Old 04-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
AlexGrant
Electronic R&D Engineer
AlexGrant began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO 5"
Angry I want English globally with cyrillic support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gena01 View Post
I've been playing with Russian FB2 books. I usually set language to Russian globally as it seems to affect most file formats.
It is not convenient for me to set language to Russian globally - translation to Russian is not right. I am Russian (in US 15 years) but even for my Russian-only speakeng friends in Russia and Ukraine I still recommend to use original Win with all stuff in English - less bugs. Firmware ver. 12/11/2010 works fine with Russian books (checked doc, rtf, txt, fb2 and djvu), when language is globally set to English.
AlexGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #6
Gena01

I had to convert some Russian txt files to WIN-1251 for them to be shown properly on the device with previous firmware. Haven't tried to see if that's still a requirement with the new firmware.

Gena01

Tags
firmware