Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 08-26-2005, 11:44 AM   #1
mml67
mml67 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie T615C
Devices easy to scroll in ereader?

I'm using a Sony Clie T615c and love its scroll wheel on the left side for scrolling line by line while reading in ereader. I'm nearing replacement time for the device and Clie is not on the market any more. Does anyone recommend a particular model of handheld for easy reading / scrolling line-by-line?
mml67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 05:47 PM   #2
mml67
mml67 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie T615C
Well, I had a mental glitch. I'm not scrolling line-by-line but page-by-page. Nevertheless, I love the Clie scroll-wheel on the left side of the Clie, and will miss it when I switch back to Palm or whatever, and would be interested in comments on device-specific scrolling methods and convenience. Thanks.
mml67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2005, 08:52 PM   #3
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I used my T615C for about a year before joinging the dark side, and honestly never used the jog dial. It just seemed easier to use the up/down button on the front of the device most of the time. Maybe it was the way I hold the device...

Having been out of touch with the palm side of things for the last couple of years, I really couldn't say which of the newer ones have jog dials... maybe one of our palm gurus know more?

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 09:12 PM   #4
Dick Tracy
Detective
Dick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura aboutDick Tracy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Palm TX
eReader Pro has autoscroll. It can be adjusted to your personal reading speed. I often lie down on the couch, use my book style case to set the perfect angle on my stomach and read rotated books with two free hands.
Dick Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 06:10 AM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I've never been able to stand scrolling, in any of the viewers I've used (and if you search elsewhere in the forums, you'll see I've tried them all ). I like the similarity to turning the page you get from flipping to the next screen.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert