Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Does the Home Icon in the corner do anything?

This may be an odd question but I can't seem to get anything to happen
by poking on that "Home" icon, in the top left corner. When the circling
arrow/return icon is in the same place it works fine. As it is now, I have
to turn the Aura all the way off and back on to get to the Home screen.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #2
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
It returns me to the home screen, nothing more, but it certainly does work.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #3
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
It returns me to the home screen, nothing more, but it certainly does work.
Yep, it works this way for me, too.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
When reading a book, I tap the center of the page, tap the home icon and it takes me to the home page. Also works from library view, reading stats and awards. It even works from the home screen given the way the screen refreshes when I tap it.

Does the home icon reverse to white in a black background when you tap it? Just wondering if you still have some residue from the dismantling your Aura project.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
When reading a book, I tap the center of the page, tap the home icon and it takes me to the home page. Also works from library view, reading stats and awards. It even works from the home screen given the way the screen refreshes when I tap it.

Does the home icon reverse to white in a black background when you tap it? Just wondering if you still have some residue from the dismantling your Aura project.

Regards,
David
That was the genesis of my question. It seems odd that one icon in that
same part of the display would work but the home one would not. I would
think that it should be all the same to the touchscreen.

I guess I'll give it some more cleaning.

OT:
I have some different rubber sheets ordered to see if applying one of them
will provide a better grip and feel. If I can find a good one I'll probably mill
a die to cut out proper shape. There are more kinds of "rubber" materials
to choose from than you might imagine.

Luck;
Ken
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #6
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
As far as I know the only place it doesn't work is if you're already on the home page, but have entered the BOOKSTORE... They have apparently removed the READING link and there is no way back once you search or browse in the current firmware.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
As far as I know the only place it doesn't work is if you're already on the home page, but have entered the BOOKSTORE... They have apparently removed the READING link and there is no way back once you search or browse in the current firmware.
Do you see an X in the upper right hand corner? That will close the search screen and dump you back to the home screen.

Regards,
David
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #8
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Uh, huh & Unh, Unh...

It dumps me back to the BOOKSTORE section of the Home screen, but it does not take one back to the READING section of the Home screen. That requires use of the READING link which is no longer present on my screen.

Now, if others are not seeing this, it could be a symptom of having added the plug-in tweak... I'll have to check the kobotweaks.ini file and see if the hideShop=True statement is at fault, but it does it even when the plug in hasn't been activated. Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

I should have mentioned this is on my Glo.

Last edited by TechniSol; 05-23-2013 at 03:06 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Uh, huh & Unh, Unh...

It dumps me back to the BOOKSTORE section of the Home screen, but it does not take one back to the READING section of the Home screen. That requires use of the READING link which is no longer present on my screen.
<big snip>
I should have mentioned this is on my Glo.
The home button functions as it should on my glo.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Well, it is working some of the time now. I want to thank you all for providing the
description of how it should be working, it is a great help in fixing this kind of problem.

Luck;
Ken