Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Kindle 3 Cases and Sleeves

The Kindle Store on Amazon has a list of a large number of cases and sleeves for the Kindle 3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1268192011

Oberon Designs also announced on their Facebook page to watch for new product announcements this week. They hinted it may be sleeves for the new Kindle 3.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
matt314159
Groupie
matt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheesematt314159 can extract oil from cheese

Device: KSO, NookColor (CM7.1), Samsung Mesmerize
I picked this neoprene sleeve up on eBay to tide me over while I decide what I want to do: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Actually, I like that design of sleeve, easy in, easy out, protects it nicely, no zippers (I have this fear that in inserting and removing the kindle from a zipper case, there would be at least one point during my life of ownership where I drag the screen across the zipper and scratch it by accident) and best of all, cheap. I used a nearly identical one on my k2i before I sold it.

I do like the look of the amazon kindle case (non-lighted) but I really like doing one-handed nekkid reading, keeping the device light and easy to maneuver.
matt314159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Thanks for the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
The Kindle Store on Amazon has a list of a large number of cases and sleeves for the Kindle 3.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...d_i=1268192011

Oberon Designs also announced on their Facebook page to watch for new product announcements this week. They hinted it may be sleeves for the new Kindle 3.
Thanks for the tip. I ordered the Black Neoprene Sleeve to carry the Kindle in my inside jacket pocket to Church. It looks a lot better than a Ziplock bag would look.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
To keep my K3 safe while I wait for Belkin and other case manufacturers to catch up, I've ordered a cheapie neoprene from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote