Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 01:26 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Anybody here have photoshop and is bored?

I need a banner for my new blog, but I don't have photoshop or any image creating abilities. I just need something simple, with the name on the left and maybe an image of old books on the right.

And if you can't help, at least check out my blog and let me know what you think (link is in my sig)
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #2
Bob T
Enthusiast
Bob T began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Well I have photoshop, but I lack talent...hopefully someone else can help.

I like you blog...lot of interesting stuff there, I'll be back.
I downloaded the 1001 books list, can't wait to study it.

I agree with your opinion of David McCullough...I read 1776 last summer and it was very well done.
I'll be looking into the Johnstown Flood, thanks.
Bob T is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob T View Post
Well I have photoshop, but I lack talent...hopefully someone else can help.

I like you blog...lot of interesting stuff there, I'll be back.
I downloaded the 1001 books list, can't wait to study it.

I agree with your opinion of David McCullough...I read 1776 last summer and it was very well done.
I'll be looking into the Johnstown Flood, thanks.
Glad you like it! And the Johnstown Flood is fantastic
Old 01-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Lilac_jive, here's a quick try to see if you like it.
Your blog looks interesting, bookmarked for further reading later!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bookplate.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	42354  
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:14 PM   #5
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
For future reference, I have Paint Shop Pro - and am always up for blog headers.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
Lilac_jive, here's a quick try to see if you like it.
Your blog looks interesting, bookmarked for further reading later!
Squee!!! That's perfect, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4

Squee is an easily scared boy living next to a homicidal maniac by the way!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squee

Erm, anyway, glad you like it!
Anything you want changed just ask.
The picture of the books is off the internet, slightly changed. I hope no one wants to claim copyright...
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #8
mores
Guru
mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.mores knows the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Device: iPhone
It doesn't matter what program you use - you need someone with graphic sk1llz.

I was playing around with it for a few minutes when PHOTOSHOP CRASHED. Of course that only happens when I don't save the file. I was able to create a screenshot - it fits your site's width perfectly.

Since I need to get some reading done, here's how far I got. If you like it feel free to use it.

EDIT: well, seems like while I was photoshopping you already made your pick
Nevermind, then ... I'm a bit slow when it gets late.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild-11.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	42355  
mores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:43 AM   #9
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Nice pictures
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Shouldn't there be an ebook reader somewhere in the image?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
No photoshop? No money for photoshop? Try GIMP! (There are links there for the linux and windows versions, and a mac port is available through macports.)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's always "Windows Paint". Simple, but every Windows system has it, and it gets the job done.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
No photoshop? No money for photoshop? Try GIMP! (There are links there for the linux and windows versions, and a mac port is available through macports.)
I moved from Photoshop (using it all the way up to and including CS4) over to the Gimp. It handles larger files better, it's more responsive, it has a better and a more intuitive paths tool. I do all my cover work in the Gimp now (with a little in Inkscape, an open-source vector graphics program).
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I would like to add another vote for GIMP2, too. Don't let all it can do scare you away
from the simple things it does.

Even those of us with limited "artistic talent", can combine and manipulate other's
images into some pretty neat results.

Other free tools that you can use to manipulate images (and video) are the Wax2 and
WinMorph combo. It can be a frugal way to add some animated effects to your images,
(snow, fog, smoke that sort of thing and morphing of course).

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote