Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #1
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Read in Store

Just got a Nook touch and was wondering exactly the limitations of the "read in store" feature. It says I can read a qualifying book for free for up to an hour. Do I have to be connected to the barnes & noble wifi the entire time? Or if I leave the connection, will it cache so I can still view the book once I'm outside of the range? Also, can I read several books for an hour EACH, or several books collectively for an hour? What's everyone's experience with this?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
that's an interesting question. I never have turned off the wifi, so now I'm curious will have to test that out this weekend.

as to your second question, yes I have had multiple books opened up at the same time in the past. Just to get a feel for some books.

I think the Starbuck's Cafe freebie is a smootie this month. Now I want to go to bn tonight
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
MsCG1
Zealot
MsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseMsCG1 juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Nook Classic, NookColor, HTC Rezound, Sony PRS-505, ICS Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
Just got a Nook touch and was wondering exactly the limitations of the "read in store" feature. It says I can read a qualifying book for free for up to an hour. Do I have to be connected to the barnes & noble wifi the entire time? Or if I leave the connection, will it cache so I can still view the book once I'm outside of the range? Also, can I read several books for an hour EACH, or several books collectively for an hour? What's everyone's experience with this?
1. You are supposed to be connected to the BN store the entire time to read the book. HOWEVER, there have been many instances where Nook owners (myself included) have reported leaving the book open, and being able to continue reading after leaving BN. I'm not sure if it depends on page turns or what.

2. You can read as many books as you want for an hour each. When you return to the store, those books will be saved and bookmarked where you left off.
MsCG1 is offline   Reply With Quote