Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Anybody have recommendations please on what fonts to use with Moon+?
Didn't have any good recommendations prior to today. Have a favorite font but it's not true type. Found this in the Kobo forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=29

I'm using it with my Kobo and Moon+. Was using Georgia in Moon+, but wasn't really satisfied with it. I import the "bold" fonts. I don't use the bold setting within the app.

Last edited by SCION; 07-30-2011 at 03:04 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Didn't have any good recommendations prior to today. Have a favorite font but it's not true type. Found this in the Kobo forum:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=29

I'm using it with my Kobo and Moon+. Was using Georgia in Moon+, but wasn't really satisfied with it. I import the "bold" fonts. I don't use the bold setting within the app.
I'm always on the look-out for new fonts to try. I think it's awesome that Kobo makes it so easy to import your own fonts on their eink reader.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I made the permanent switch to Mantano Reader. I was never fully satisfied with the text rendering in Moon+.

If anyone's interested:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=184

There's a 7 day trial app available. You can use your own fonts as well. Place them in the existing folder: sdcard/Mantano/fonts. The app recognizes .ttf and .otf fonts.

Edit: The app includes a user manual.

Last edited by SCION; 08-07-2011 at 06:47 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #19
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookC with CM7 (eMMC)
oooh! A new reader! Sounds exciting. I will certainly give this one a try. As I've mentioned before, Moon+ was a disappointment for me. Thanks for the heads up!
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:18 AM   #20
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
oooh! A new reader! Sounds exciting. I will certainly give this one a try. As I've mentioned before, Moon+ was a disappointment for me. Thanks for the heads up!
I was thinking of you!
Old 08-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #21
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I'll grab the trial next time I'm reading epub or pdf (currently reading the A Passage to India sample from Amazon--I think it should be public domain, but the only free epubs are atrocious, with each chapter a solid, unformatted block of text).
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #22
Apoc
Connoisseur
Apoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-booksApoc has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
I was thinking of you!
Thank you!

I have been using it quite a bit to learn its ins and outs more, but I already like it a lot.

The only thing that I don't like, and it's somewhat of a pain, is the slide up and down movement to change font size. There should be a way to allow the size to be set permanently. I haven't finished reading the whole manual so I may be hasty here.

If not for this minor(?) annoyance, I'd have bought it by now. But I'll use it until the trial expires to see if this font change method is a deal breaker or not.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:27 AM   #23
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:

The only thing that I don't like, and it's somewhat of a pain, is the slide up and down movement to change font size. There should be a way to allow the size to be set permanently. I haven't finished reading the whole manual so I may be hasty here.
You can set it permanently. Open a book, tap to bring up the bottom menu, click on "Theme" icon, then select "Edit". That's where you set your reading options. You've been missing out on much if you haven't discovered this!

Edit: The above info doesn't apply to font size. Sorry. Click the "Display" icon instead to change font size.

Last edited by SCION; 08-09-2011 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #24
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
I made the permanent switch to Mantano Reader. I was never fully satisfied with the text rendering in Moon+.
It's seems there is no perfect reader out there as of yet. Both Mantano and Moon have some really nice features and some real poor features that need work. And both lack some features that are sorely needed to read non fiction.

I did try the trial a few weeks back and while I thought both where comparable, Moon handled the features I found important better.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:41 PM   #25
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
It's seems there is no perfect reader out there as of yet. Both Mantano and Moon have some really nice features and some real poor features that need work. And both lack some features that are sorely needed to read non fiction.

I did try the trial a few weeks back and while I thought both where comparable, Moon handled the features I found important better.

=X=
The version I'm using was released July 27th. I tried it initially in the beginning of May (several updates since then). I've been following the Mantano thread in the Android forum since then. In my opinion it's better than Moon+ in its current state.

I'm genuinely interested in knowing why someone prefers Moon+ over the most recent release of Mantano. Maybe I've rushed in making the switch, having overlooked something of importance.

Last edited by SCION; 08-09-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #26
Apoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
You can set it permanently. Open a book, tap to bring up the bottom menu, click on "Theme" icon, then select "Edit". That's where you set your reading options. You've been missing out on much if you haven't discovered this!

Edit: The above info doesn't apply to font size. Sorry. Click the "Display" icon instead to change font size.
I already have a couple of custom themes but as you mentioned the font size is set elsewhere. What I don't like, is that a casual slide on the screen may change the size of the font. Annoying. It would be good to have that as an option rather as a "feature." I usually set the font size once and then forget it.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #27
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
I already have a couple of custom themes but as you mentioned the font size is set elsewhere. What I don't like, is that a casual slide on the screen may change the size of the font. Annoying. It would be good to have that as an option rather as a "feature." I usually set the font size once and then forget it.
Reasonable expectation. Why not make the suggestion in the Android forum in the Mantano thread? (Assuming you haven't yet).
Old 08-09-2011, 05:46 PM   #28
Apoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post

=X=
There never is perfection that will please everyone. After buying both Aldiko and Moon+ I had settled with Aldiko but I was still annoyed with it because I ended up with TWO copies of every book. One by Calibre, the second by Aldiko when it "imported." Now my issue with Mantano is somewhat annoying too but in the end I don't think that it's going to be a deal breaker. I have a better reading experience with it so I will likely buy it too.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #29
Apoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Reasonable expectation. Why not make the suggestion in the Android forum in the Mantano thread? (Assuming you haven't yet).
Good idea. Could you give me a nudge toward the right direction? Other than this forum I don't follow anything else so I'm not sure where to go. Thank you!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #30
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Good idea. Could you give me a nudge toward the right direction? Other than this forum I don't follow anything else so I'm not sure where to go. Thank you!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131997

You're welcome.