Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #1186
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle Keyboard + Kindle Voyage WiFi + Kindle PW11 Kids
I've jailbroken my KV as soon as this method (firmware downgrade to 5.5.0 / JB+patch / firmware update) became available this summer. Now I decided to try dummy package and confused with the outcome: while KUAL installation gives me nice log, searchbar command does not, but it write something like "Destroying package" on my screen before restart. Should I be worried now that updating Voyage firmware (I'm on 5.8.2.1 at this moment) somehow could mess up with JB ?

Last edited by bugmen00t; 11-13-2016 at 02:19 PM. Reason: added software versions
bugmen00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #1187
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What search bar command?
Where did you put the package?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 02:52 PM   #1188
bugmen00t
Connoisseur
bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!bugmen00t rocks like Gibraltar!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Where did you put the package?
Into /mrpackages directory. The dummy bin was the only one file in that directory.

Quote:
What search bar command?
After rebooting from first attempt I deleted the logfile, put dummybin into /mrpackages again and tried to search for ;log mrpi as mentioned in first post. Got usual "Hush little baby", then "Checking ..." and finally "Destroying package" and reboot. There were no logfile this time.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #1189
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen00t View Post
Into /mrpackages directory. The dummy bin was the only one file in that directory.

After rebooting from first attempt I deleted the logfile, put dummybin into /mrpackages again and tried to search for ;log mrpi as mentioned in first post. Got usual "Hush little baby", then "Checking ..." and finally "Destroying package" and reboot. There were no logfile this time.
But it installs (prints the report) when you do the same with the exception triggering MrPI from the KUAL menu?
Which KUAL? Booklet or Document.
Old 11-13-2016, 03:09 PM   #1190
bugmen00t
Connoisseur

Quote:
Which KUAL? Booklet or Document.
I'm using KUAL-KDK-2.0.azw2, so I suppose it's Document one?

Quote:
But it installs (prints the report) when you do the same with the exception triggering MrPI from the KUAL menu?
Sorry, I didn't quite get what do you mean by that.
Installing dummy with KUAL gives more detailed on-screen output including "progress" and "done" messages, while ;log mrpi shows much less.

UPD: I've just updated to the latest firmware, and as long as I can launch KUAL and get dummy_report I believe that JB survived... this time.
Advert
Old 11-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #1191
knc1
Going Viral

I mean:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugmen00t View Post
*After rebooting from first attempt I deleted the logfile,
*put dummybin into /mrpackages again and
tried to search for ;log mrpi
*trigger MrPi from the KUAL menu.

as mentioned in first post. Got usual "Hush little baby", then "Checking ..." and finally "Destroying package" and reboot. There were no logfile this time.
Make only that single change and report back the results.

Even though you are satisfied, you may have found a problem that will effect other people.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:32 AM   #1192
hakama
hakama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PP3
Someone you managed to install jailbreak for Paperwhite 3 (5.7.2; serial N: G090***)
(bought end of 2015 is not updating and connected to wifi...)?

What do you recommend Guide?

Is there a danger damage my Kindle (no experience)
hakama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 08:02 AM   #1193
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakama View Post
Someone you managed to install jailbreak for Paperwhite 3 (5.7.2; serial N: G090***)
(bought end of 2015 is not updating and connected to wifi...)?

What do you recommend Guide?

Is there a danger damage my Kindle (no experience)
We do not post a 5.7.2 firmware version.
Where did you get it?

We and you need the first six (6) characters of the device serial number to locate the model.
Use this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

We do not know of a model called: "PP2".
Finding the correct model nickname is step 1 of our directions.
Whose directions are you following? (Answer with a link please.)

Either use an on-line translator or post in your native language.
We can not understand what you posted, we can only guess.
Old 11-15-2016, 08:29 AM   #1194
bugmen00t
Connoisseur

Question

Quote:
I mean:

Make only that single change and report back the results.

Even though you are satisfied, you may have found a problem that will effect other people.
OK, I did as you asked, although I didn't see how this is different from usual package installation. Am I doing it wrong?

1. Installed dummybin by placing the file into /mrpackages and then KUAL -> Helper+ -> Install MR packages
2. After reboot I deleted log file and placed dummyfile back into /mrpackages
3. Kual -> Helper+ -> Install MR packages (actually the same as in step 1)
4. Got update log.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #1195
hakama

Quote:
We do not post a 5.7.2 firmware version.
Where did you get it?
Аmazon.de , with special offer

We and you need the first six (6) characters of the device serial number to locate the model.
Use this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Finding the correct model nickname is step 1 of our directions.

Whose directions are you following? (Answer with a link please.)
I have not acted yet
G090G1 Kindle PaperWhite 3 (2015) WiFi PW3 [Support added in KindleTool 1.6.5]

There is only here info about the model:

I am sorry for my poor English
Old 11-15-2016, 11:38 AM   #1196
knc1
Going Viral

A device with Special Offers can be jail broken with the current jail break.
It is recommended that you remove Special Offers because that feature can prevent recovering from errors.

You have the original model of the PW-3, there should not be any problems, but there is always a small chance.
So keeping S.O. is your choice.

Since you don't have access to on-line language translation, you might want to wait until a German (I presume) speaking member spots this thread.
Or
do a search for a German translation.
That is: search for the link address:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
Which should be in the body of any translation.

Russian, Polish, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, Spanish, and others do exist - of varying quality and correctness.
I was sure there was a German translation but I can't find it at the moment.
Old 11-15-2016, 12:45 PM   #1197
hakama

Quote:
A device with Special Offers can be jail broken with the current jail break.
It is recommended that you remove Special Offers because that feature can prevent recovering from errors.

I am not registered the reader - in this case, should I remove S.O., and how?
===================
That is: search for the link address:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=275877
Which should be in the body of any translation.
Are these files?

Russian or dutch also is fine, but and English

Last edited by hakama; 11-15-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 11-15-2016, 01:19 PM   #1198
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Are these files?

Contact Amazon to remove special offers.
Kontaktieren Sie Amazon, um spezielle Angebote zu entfernen.

Ich habe Google Translate benutzt
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #1199
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Are these files?

Register it, then on your account page, under manage devices, select remove Special Offers.
That may be free or it may be a small fee.
If not shown on the device's page, contact customer service.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:40 AM   #1200
Northwinds
Northwinds began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
KV JB not working

Hi there
Just registered here after searching for a way to improve my collections usage and must say I'm quite excited to see there is an actual Jailbreak option, as I Jailbroke my ipod touch the day I got it as I also rooted my android phone.

That said I thought this would be a relatively easy process. Unfortunately not as I've now tried 5 times without success.

I'm on a KV - B013 09 (bought in March) which was on 5.8.2 but I downgraded with the "initial" FW linked to here
(update_KV_5.5.0_initial.bin)
after a full reset.

I then reset up the device and reregistered then turned airplane mode on, transfered
"main-htmlviewer.tar.gz"
across and ran
";installHtml"
from the search box.

At this point I had the
"You're Jailbroken"
document so thought "Great!" and carried on with transferring and updating with
"Update_jailbreak_hotfix_1.14.N_install.bin"
which also seemed to work, but...

when I go to check with the "Dummy" process I have no mrpackages folder.

Is there something I have missed out?

Many thanks in advance.
Northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote