Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
"Invalid Update"

I went to softroot my nook today. I downloaded the files and renamed the signed_bravo_update.1.0.0.dat to signed_bravo_update.dat

I followed the directions. However when the nook restarts in the bottom right corner it says "Invalid Update"

Any ideas? I am using a Mac, which should not matter. Also I have a microsd card installed in the unit already, but I unmounted both drives prior to reboot.

Thanks for your assistance
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:48 PM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
I went to softroot my nook today. I downloaded the files and renamed the signed_bravo_update.1.0.0.dat to signed_bravo_update.dat

I followed the directions. However when the nook restarts in the bottom right corner it says "Invalid Update"

Any ideas? I am using a Mac, which should not matter. Also I have a microsd card installed in the unit already, but I unmounted both drives prior to reboot.

Thanks for your assistance
Hmmmm, it should not even restart. It should directly do the update, right after ejecting.
I only can speculate. But I'd say, download again, might be corrupted.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
shrktank
Connoisseur

Re-downloaded and it seemed to work. I also removed the microsd card just in case.

Now to part two!
Old 02-14-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
Re-downloaded and it seemed to work. I also removed the microsd card just in case.

Now to part two!
BTW: You don't need step 3 anymore. You still can use ADB, but you don't have to. Everything you need already is integrated into the modified 1.2 firmware.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 06:58 PM   #5
shrktank
Connoisseur

Thanks for that last piece of good information!