Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
How do I undo this mess?

I have over 20Gb of books on my external hard drive, I had them organised into folders by Fiction, Non-Fiction, Reference, etc. With so many books sometimes I have trouble finding them, so I downloaded Calibre yesterday to see if it would make it easier, I thought it would make an index of the books but to my horror the software has created 426 folders inside my EBOOK directory and seems to have shuffled my books all over the place It will take me weeks to undo this mess, please tell me there is a hidden undo feature somewhere
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
When you import books into Calibre it creates its own database of books using its own naming conventions. The original books will still be there untouched.

I found in my case all problems were avoided if I put the Calibre library folder at a location other than the existing root of my existing eBook library to avoid just this issue.

Sorting it out should be relatively easy - it is just a case of moving the new folders/files created by calibre to a new location and then telling calibre to use this location as its library location.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Vortex
Groupie
Vortex began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Oh that's a relief, thanks.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote