Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-16-2015, 03:42 PM   #286
upm
upm began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Rkomar, if possible please:

1. Add option to open another directory containing images from already running pbimageviewer. Dialog box for directory opening apears only once, immediately after pbimageviewer is started. (I don't use pbimageviewer for viewing archives.)
2. Make possible to open directly individual image files from Photo with pbimageviewer - similary like with built-in viewer (jpegviewer.app in PB 602).
upm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #287
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Okay, I'll take a look at it. What don't you like about the default app for viewing the images from Photo?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #288
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a question for anyone using a device with firmware version 5. Do the multi-touch events work in pbimageviewer.app? Things like pinch-to-zoom, or two-fingered swipe to rotate the screen. I ask because I'm testing on my Inkpad with the firmware updated to version 5, and the multi-touch events are broken there. I'm wondering if they're also broken on other devices with the new firmware.
Old 03-11-2015, 01:43 PM   #289
Telev
Telev began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, PocketBook 626
Hi,

On my pb 626, the zoom don't work. The picture zoom out wathever i do...

Question: i can save settings? When i open a cbz, the fisrt thing i do is hide the status bar...
The app can't save my setting :'(

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me
Telev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:19 PM   #290
rkomar
Wizard

Do you have the version 5.4 or 5.5 firmware? I found out that the multi-touch structure in the SDK has changed in the latest firmware versions. PocketBook have said that they will release the header file for the new firmware versions soon, so I am waiting for that to fix the problem.

If you go into the Configuration menu, you can turn off the status bar at start-up.

Last edited by rkomar; 03-11-2015 at 06:23 PM.
Advert
Old 03-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #291
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
When you get the newer header please let me know. As for the 481 SDK... It's working just fine (You told me to announce if I test it). The only thing required is to place the inkinternal.h and inkplatform.h headers in ./arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/local/include/

Here are the missing (and probably updated) headers I received from pal while trying to properly build coolreader for fw5.
Attached Files
File Type: tar SDK-481-missing.tar (50.0 KB, 193 views)

Last edited by brucelee; 03-11-2015 at 09:50 PM.
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:10 PM   #292
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelee View Post
When you get the newer header please let me know. As for the 481 SDK... It's working just fine (You told me to announce if I test it). The only thing required is to place the inkinternal.h and inkplatform.h headers in ./arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi/sysroot/usr/local/include/

Here are the missing (and probably updated) headers I received from pal while trying to properly build coolreader for fw5.
I've just been watching the git repository to see when the files get updated. I'm not sure what they're going to do about iv_mtinfo structure changing for 5.4 and above, while staying the same for lower versions of version 5. I'm planning on checking the firmware version and casting to the correct structure, but it's a kludge.

Thanks for the missing header files. Did you need them to be there? They aren't included in inkview.h, so my hacked SDK works fine without them. I guess coolereader is using internal functions, which sounds risky to me.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:07 AM   #293
Telev
Telev began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, PocketBook 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Do you have the version 5.4 or 5.5 firmware? I found out that the multi-touch structure in the SDK has changed in the latest firmware versions. PocketBook have said that they will release the header file for the new firmware versions soon, so I am waiting for that to fix the problem.
Firmware 5.5
Telev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:00 AM   #294
f_coco
f_coco began at the beginning.

Device: InkPad
Hi, rkomar!
Many thanks to you for this app.
Is it possible for you to add a page moving direction option?
Cause lots of japan manga is read from right to left.
Now we can only move the pic from left to right if i using fit height option.
Regards!
f_coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:59 PM   #295
rkomar
Wizard

I'll look into an option for starting pages on the right. I'll try to get a new release out this weekend.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:22 AM   #296
rkomar
Wizard

This business of starting on the right is more complicated than I thought. I need some advice from people who are accustomed to the Japanese style of reading. On most new PocketBook devices, there is no D-pad for stepping left/right and up/down, so I use the Prev/Next buttons to do that. The Prev button has an arrow pointing to the left, and the Next button has an arrow pointing to the right. So, when there is no D-pad, the Prev button is used to step left, and the Next button is used to step right. When the end of the image is reached, the buttons then load the Next/Prev images. For left-to-right reading, it makes sense that pushing the Next button moves you to the right and then to the next page in the book, and pushing the Prev button moves you to the left and then to the previous page. For right-to-left reading, you would start at the right side of the page, press the Prev button (left arrow) to step towards the left, but when you got to the end, the Prev button would take you to the previous page rather than the next page.

How is this handled on Japanese devices? Are the Next/Prev buttons reversed so that the left arrow means Next Page and the right arrow means Previous Page? Or do they ignore the arrows, and use the Next Page to step forwards (to the left) and the Prev Page to step backwards (to the right)?
Old 03-21-2015, 04:55 AM   #297
f_coco

hi rkomar. I was using Story HD from iRiver. When it opens jpg in zip file, it has an option that you can choose read from left to right or right to left.
When the jpg width is exceed the screen width which is 1024, the page will shown the right part of the image first, after you press the next butten, the image will scoll from right to left.
Hope this may help you.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:14 AM   #298
f_coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Or do they ignore the arrows, and use the Next Page to step forwards (to the left) and the Prev Page to step backwards (to the right)?
Yes, Story HD using next button to scoll image from right to left and load next page, prev button was used to scoll iamge from left to right and load previous page.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:49 PM   #299
rkomar
Wizard

Okay, I've uploaded a new version with changes suggested by recent posts:

1) I've added support for 7z archives (*.7z or *.cb7). For this to work, you have to go to http://www3.telus.net/rkomar/pbimageviewer/ and download the proper 7z.so-*.zip file, unzip it, and copy the 7z.so file to /system/bin/ on the device. I didn't upload those files to MobileRead because they are fairly large. If you don't want to view 7z archives, then you do not need to install the 7z.so file; the application will still work for CBZ and CBR files without it. The 7z.so library is also used for TAR files, so you should install it if you view those types of archives. The following lines need to be added to extensions.cfg:

Code:
7z:@RAR_file:1:pbimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
cb7:@RAR_file:1:pbimageviewer.app:ICON_JPG
The handling of 7z files is _very_ slow, so I don't recommend using it. It would be better to convert 7z files to zip files instead, as those are handled much more quickly. The handling of TAR files (CBT) is very fast, though, so it may be worth installing for that.

The 7z.so file only needs to be installed once. I don't think it will need to be updated after that.

2) It's now possible to use pbimageviewer.app as the viewer for the Photo application. You need to add the various image types to the extensions.cfg file for this to work:

Code:
jpg:@JPEG_image:2:pbimageviewer.app,picviewer.app:ICON_JPG
jpeg:@JPEG_image:2:pbimageviewer.app,picviewer.app:ICON_JPG
png:@PNG_image:2:pbimageviewer.app,picviewer.app:ICON_PNG
bmp:@BMP_image:2:pbimageviewer.app,picviewer.app:ICON_BMP
tif:@TIFF_image:2:pbimageviewer.app,picviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
tiff:@TIFF_image:2:pbimageviewer.app,picviewer.app:ICON_TIFF
3) I got the multi-touch events working on the latest devices (firmware 5.4 and above). It should now be possible to zoom and change screen orientation with two-fingered gestures on those devices.

4) Long presses on the Left/Right buttons (or Prev/Next on devices without a D-pad) now sets the reading direction rather than just the panel direction. The reading direction is used to sort panels, and also to change the start position and step direction of images.

5) The two-fingered tap gesture now "unzooms" the image (rather than bringing up the second menu). When zooming by pinching, it's difficult to go back to the original zoom by pinching again. So, the two-fingered tap is used for that. The second menu can still be got by tapping at the upper right of the screen, or via the main menu.

I haven't had the Help instruction translations updated yet. I'll release a new version when I've got those from the various translators.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:41 AM   #300
f_coco

Many thanks to you rkomar.
It works on my 840.