Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Predict the date: 150,000 members

As of right now (11:29 GMT, 18th December 2011) MobileRead has 147,106 members.

Predict the date that we reach 150,000 members. All dates will be 0:00:01 to 23:59:59 GMT. If someone joins at exactly midnight to make it 150,000, both dates win!*

The Terminator, Sweetpea: 26th December 2011
Nyssa: 27th December 2011
Hamlet43: 28th December 2011
tilia: 29th December 2011
issybird: 30th December 2011

pdurrant: 31st December 2011 John Gordon Day is the 150,000th member
ProDigit: 1st January, 2012
cassidym: 2nd January 2012
Kevin8or: 3rd January 2012
74Cuda: 4th January 2012
HomeInMyShoes: 5th January 2012
WT Sharpe: 6th January 2012
orlok: 10th January 2012
red_pheonix: 13th January 2012
TGS: 19th January 2012
Hoyt Clagweel: 29th February 2012

(Ref: predict the date for 40,000 members thread)

* No actual prize provided. Only the glory of getting it right.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-31-2011 at 07:01 AM. Reason: struck through the losers
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
2 Jan 12
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #3
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
As of right now MobileRead has 147,106 members.

Predict the date that we reach 150,000 members.

My guess is sometime on 31st December 2011 (GMT).

(Ref: predict the date for 40,000 members thread)
I'd say you have the advantage, pdurrant, as you can see the daily stats . That said, I'll guess at 10th Jan 2012.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just go here and scroll to the bottom. You can follow the membership numbers too!

I based my guess on increase in numbers since 40,000 members and a fudge factor.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I predict December 27th 2011
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
January 19th 2012, (at 15.38 CET to be precise)
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
January 19th 2012, (at 15.38 CET to be precise)
I'm only allowing whole days guesses, so I'll put you down for 19th January 2012.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #8
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Just go here and scroll to the bottom. You can follow the membership numbers too!
I can't work out the daily stats from that, but maybe I'm just being dense.

One thing it has shown me, which I was wholly unaware of, is the members' chat feature. How could I have only now stumbled across it, after alomost a year?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:46 AM   #9
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I predict December 27th 2011
Damn no fair. I would have picked that just because it is my birthday. So I'll go out one day to December 28.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 AM   #10
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
December 30, 2011.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:09 AM   #11
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
Damn no fair. I would have picked that just because it is my birthday. So I'll go out one day to December 28.
That's a lousy birthday. My condolences. I hope people don't stint on your gifts and wrap them in Christmas paper, to boot.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
December 30, 2011.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
That's a lousy birthday. My condolences. I hope people don't stint on your gifts and wrap them in Christmas paper, to boot.
Well the 30th is mine, and I totally agree that it is a lousy time of year to have it.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I'll go with December 26th, we always get more members after Christmas.

Last edited by The Terminator; 12-19-2011 at 12:42 AM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #14
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
I'll go with December 26th, we always get more members after Christmas.
Your Santabot is scary!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 12:55 PM   #15
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
January 4th 2012.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote