Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
A very interesting Nook Touch review

Quote:
Perfect simplicity of operation, endless battery life, speedy page turns, and a retail juggernaut for backup.
Quote:
for someone just getting into the ebooks game, this Nook is a pretty great start.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/02/b...k-review-2011/
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
I can understand B&N’s enthusiasm, but their efforts would be better spent helping me figure out what my real friends are actually reading (through partnering with a service like Goodreads, who has an app for the Nook Color), instead of my theoretical friends who would all be B&N customers in some fantasy land.
Right on point.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Reading being an individual activity, I believe that the social aspects of the Nook are absurd, and will never be used by 99% of purchasers.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
metoo999
Enthusiast
metoo999 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
If I want to know what my friends are reading, I'll ask them in person! I'm tired of social networking being forced into every gadget. Like anyone cares if I get an achievement in Halo or if I'm tweeting about reading Robinson Crusoe.
metoo999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo999 View Post
If I want to know what my friends are reading, I'll ask them in person! I'm tired of social networking being forced into every gadget. Like anyone cares if I get an achievement in Halo or if I'm tweeting about reading Robinson Crusoe.

You're right about the bombardment of some stuff. I'm constantly "ignoring" someone.

Last edited by SCION; 06-05-2011 at 02:42 PM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #6
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
Reading being an individual activity, I believe that the social aspects of the Nook are absurd, and will never be used by 99% of purchasers.
Oh my lord that is not true, my sister in law, my wife, and my father are always in touch with each other on what we are reading and lending books out etc.

Don't underestimate the reading/sharing community in the day of being connected.

But i guess once the kindle adds it it'll be "magical" and "it just's works"
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #7
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by metoo999 View Post
no one is forcing you to activate these features. If it's not for you then don't activate it, but for people who do want and would use it, it's actually rather fun.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote