Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM   #1
Sharlene
Sharlene began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub newbie

I'm learning to convert into the epub format. Is there any software application that simulates and kobo, or kindle, or any other ereader that i can download, in order to see if i've formatted everything correctly??

Thanks for your help.
Sharlene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlene View Post
I'm learning to convert into the epub format. Is there any software application that simulates and kobo, or kindle, or any other ereader that i can download, in order to see if i've formatted everything correctly??

Thanks for your help.
well, the Kindle doesn't support ePub so a Kindle simulation will do no good. There are lots of reading applications that will work, depending on what computer you are using, Windows, mac, Unix? Something else? It is hard for us to guess. I suggest you look on the wiki we have here. It will provide all the answers you have. Note that ADE is generally a good test, see the wiki. But there is variation in all readers and none will guarantee that it looks well on another device.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
Sharlene

Thank you
Old 10-14-2011, 04:47 PM   #4
Sharlene

I have another issue. I am trying to do a table of contents, so that a reader can just click on whatever chapter they want, and it takes them there.

Does anyone know how to do this, where it actually goes to the right spot??
Old 10-14-2011, 09:41 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlene View Post
I have another issue. I am trying to do a table of contents, so that a reader can just click on whatever chapter they want, and it takes them there.

Does anyone know how to do this, where it actually goes to the right spot??
You may be better served to ask these questions in the ePub forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote