Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #1
readerreader
readerreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Problem with grays fbreader 0.9.2 on Pocketbook 360:

I am running firmware 14.2 on my Pocketbook 360 and read about the later versions of fbreader - I am very keen on the feature of page turning without using the buttons hence I tried to install grays fbreader 180 0.9.2.

I have installed and uninstalled various versions of fbreader, from 0.9.2 onwards, all of which do not work and the error message is

"Cannot start program"

I have copied extensions.cfg (it was not originally in the config sub folder, hence I just copied it into the config sub folder), pasted fbreader into the bin sub folder, copied share sub folder.

NOTHING works.

At one point in time, after an attempted installation of fbreader, my 360 would freeze in an ON position (green light) and I had to drain the battery before it came back to life. I have now reverted to the original fbreader (with original features) and it seems to work although I have to check out the battery life!

Any suggestions to allow me to enjoy the page turning features of fbreader would be much appreciated.
readerreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerreader View Post
I am running firmware 14.2 on my Pocketbook 360 and read about the later versions of fbreader - I am very keen on the feature of page turning without using the buttons hence I tried to install grays fbreader 180 0.9.2.

I have installed and uninstalled various versions of fbreader, from 0.9.2 onwards, all of which do not work and the error message is

"Cannot start program"

I have copied extensions.cfg (it was not originally in the config sub folder, hence I just copied it into the config sub folder), pasted fbreader into the bin sub folder, copied share sub folder.

NOTHING works.

At one point in time, after an attempted installation of fbreader, my 360 would freeze in an ON position (green light) and I had to drain the battery before it came back to life. I have now reverted to the original fbreader (with original features) and it seems to work although I have to check out the battery life!

Any suggestions to allow me to enjoy the page turning features of fbreader would be much appreciated.

Check your config file, it should read fbreader if the software in the bin sub is called fbreader.app
like here:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB

Sometimes the config files name it fbreader180.app. If so remove the 180 or rename the app in the bin sub folder.

And u put the files on the internal memory not the sd card, correct ?
U unzipped the fbreader after the download ? The file in the bin sub is called fbreader.app

Report further, hopefully it works
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 12:39 AM   #3
readerreader

Problem with grays fbreader 0.9.2 on Pocketbook 360: Attempted fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Check your config file, it should read fbreader if the software in the bin sub is called fbreader.app
like here:
epub:@EPUB_file:1:fbreader.app,AdobeViewer.app:ICON_EPUB

Sometimes the config files name it fbreader180.app. If so remove the 180 or rename the app in the bin sub folder.

And u put the files on the internal memory not the sd card, correct ?
U unzipped the fbreader after the download ? The file in the bin sub is called fbreader.app

Report further, hopefully it works

OK, two things were incorrect for me - the config file needs to have "180" removed, so I will do that.

Yes, the files are on the internal memory

The file in the bin subfolder is not an .app file - it doesn't unzip because I am using a Macbook Pro and it says the Classic environment is no longer supported when I double click on fbreader. Perhaps I will try the Mac OS ported version of fbreader and report back.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:51 AM   #4
readerreader

Quote:
OK, two things were incorrect for me - the config file needs to have "180" removed, so I will do that.

Yes, the files are on the internal memory

The file in the bin subfolder is not an .app file - it doesn't unzip because I am using a Macbook Pro and it says the Classic environment is no longer supported when I double click on fbreader. Perhaps I will try the Mac OS ported version of fbreader and report back.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I checked again - config file does not have "180" in it.

The file in the bin subfolder is fbreader.app.

Still doesn't work.

Your suggestions much appreciated, though.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Quote:
I will try the Mac OS ported version of fbreader and report back.
Various versions 0.92 onward ? Mac OS Ported ??

There is only 0.92 and the latest beta 0.93, all others are earlier versions!
U need not a Mac OS Ported u need the Pocketbook ported version.

Did u take the FBReader from here ?

Try that version.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 03:45 AM   #6
readerreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
Various versions 0.92 onward ? Mac OS Ported ??

There is only 0.92 and the latest beta 0.93, all others are earlier versions!
U need not a Mac OS Ported u need the Pocketbook ported version.

Did u take the FBReader from here ?

Try that version.
Sorry for late reply - down with the flu bug

Yes, indeed I tried again from the source you sent and nope, no joy.

I guess I should just be grateful it otherwise works because I really love the device. Page-turning would have made one PREMO device though!!!!

Thank you again.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:42 AM   #7
readerreader

Quote:
Sorry for late reply - down with the flu bug

Yes, indeed I tried again from the source you sent and nope, no joy.

I guess I should just be grateful it otherwise works because I really love the device. Page-turning would have made one PREMO device though!!!!

Thank you again.
Just to let everyone know that GrayNM suggested this and it works perfectly now:

If you want to use present extensions.cfg you need to rename fbreader.app to fbreader180.app (in read_en.txt installation step 1)

Thanks to everyone for their assistance - I am very grateful indeed.