Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-05-2008, 08:57 AM   #31
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
The major <alert>-sign in the report is downloaded books NOT bought books.

Remember that a large percentage of the Sony Ereader-owners had some kind of ebooks-deal which they can use to get books from the sony store.

If you take into the free classics deal, it can be an average of 10-20 books per owner that was free.
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:35 AM   #32
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
In regards to book sales I would guess many people on this forum don't buy any books from Sony, but those people who aren't aware of these sites probably buy a high percentage of titles from Sony.
Thanks to MR I am aware of other places to buy books for my Sony 505, but with the exception of Baen, I find that I do buy my books at the Sony store rather than elsewhere.

So far -- at least for the books I'm interested in -- Sony has had the best price or very close to the best price. Occasionally Fictionwise is a dollar or so cheaper but only if I join Fictionwise, something I haven't yet convinced myself to do. I think its my older age. I wouldn't mind paying the annual FW fee for a straight 20% additional discount off a title (similar to how Barnes & Noble works its "club"), but I don't want to deal with micropay and I don't want to carry "balances" -- I simply want to buy a book, preferably with a discount, and walk away.

I know a lot of MR folk like BooksOnBoard, but for the books I want, it has been significantly more expensive than the Sony store.

I also must admit to a certain hesitancy to buying books that aren't in either the Sony or ePub format and converting them.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 10:24 AM   #33
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
10Q, Halo.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #34
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"It has the curves of a Lamborghini ...." Okay, see, any article that starts off describing the Kindle in such terms as those just must be looked at askance.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:30 AM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
"It has the curves of a Lamborghini ...." Okay, see, any article that starts off describing the Kindle in such terms as those just must be looked at askance.
hee ! i wondered about that too. i just figured it seemed strange to me because i know nothing about cars...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2008, 10:52 AM   #36
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
hee ! i wondered about that too. i just figured it seemed strange to me because i know nothing about cars...
I have never noticed it before but now it all seems so obvious...

It is like looking into a mirror, it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlegini.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	18760  
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:55 AM   #37
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I have never noticed it before but now it all seems so obvious...

It is like looking into a mirror, it is.
now see, if the article had just used this photo, i would have understood (that the journalist is on crack) ! thanks acidzebra.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 PM   #38
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Quote:
Well, it's actually pretty true. If you look at most Lamborghini designs in the last twenty years or so they are fairly angular with lots of flat plane surfaces... just like the Kindle.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 PM   #39
NatCh
Gizmologist

So ... this was what? A bit too clever way of saying that the Kindle has no curves?

Crack smokin' reporter, indeed.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #40
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
So ... this was what? A bit too clever way of saying that the Kindle has no curves?
Crack smokin' reporter, indeed.

(by the way, that smiley is revolting. i preferred the first one.)
Old 12-05-2008, 01:46 PM   #41
NatCh
Gizmologist

I could've gone with one of these:

But I thought they were revolting.

I'd've used this one if I'd found it the first go-round:
Old 12-05-2008, 01:49 PM   #42
zelda_pinwheel

oh, thank you for those...
Old 12-05-2008, 01:55 PM   #43
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
I could've gone with one of these:

But I thought they were revolting.

I'd've used this one if I'd found it the first go-round:
Ok, I think you really need to use a handkerchief. If you don't have a hanky handy, I'd be glad to send you one. Do you prefer embroidered or lace trim?

And see a doctor. I don't think the....um...extracted material should be green.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #44
NatCh
Gizmologist

Hey, I never suggested nor implied that any of those were, in any way, autobiographical.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #45
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Hey, I never suggested nor implied that any of those were, in any way, autobiographical.
Sorry...couldn't help myself.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
numbers, sales, sony, wireless