Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
cguerette
cguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enough

Device: New Nook Glowlight
How much data to send Gone w/ Wind? I have limit

I moved out to the country where I have to use a wireless hotspot with a 10G data limit each month and wondered if there is a way to see how much data a book will take to send over it before I purchase a reader? Gone With the Wind is an example because I like big books like that. No color needed or anything, although it may send color (covers) even if I get a black and white reader? Just wondered if anybody knew if a reader would make a huge dent in my limit each month with each book or not. Thanks!! Belinda
cguerette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You should be able to check the file size before downloading, depending on where you buy the book.

Gone With the Wind is similar in page length to Stephen King's Under the Dome, which is 1528 KB on Amazon. However, file size will vary greatly depending on formatting, file type and any included graphics.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 PM   #3
Hellmark
Wizard
Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hellmark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nokia N800, PRS-505, Nook STR Glowlight, Kindle 3
The largest ebook I have is 80mb, because it is a multi-thousand page PDF with lots of pictures. Most ebooks I've run into clock in at a half megabyte, and generally are no bigger than 2mb.
Hellmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
fruiter
Connoisseur
fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.fruiter has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3; WISEreader N526
It depends on what file type you want to read it in! PDFs are much larger than EPUBs, for example.
fruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:46 PM   #5
cguerette
cguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enoughcguerette will become famous soon enough

Thanks!

Thanks so much y'all! I didn't want to be completely cut off from civilization out here, and wasn't looking forward to traveling to the nearest McDonalds for free wi-fi every time I wanted a new book.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
We have a 10G download limit also - Wild Blue satelitte internet. I download books like crazy - at least three a day - and it hasn't been an issue at all. Even if each book was 2mb, which they rarely are, you would have to download 500 books that month to even reach 1GB. Luckily, ebooks are much smaller files than music and video.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:02 PM   #7
cguerette

Wonderful! I figured if my son was able to do Guitar Hero, surely I could read some books!